Will you be responsible for the configuration and support of our Freight Management Systems?
We are looking for one for our fast-growing division DSV Road, based in Venlo or Moerdijk, for an Application Specialist Freight Management.
We are looking for an Application Specialist Freight Management for our Freight Management Systems team. In this position you are active with the configuration and support of our FMS applications (QAD Precision and Consignor) and you are an important part of our team. As an Application Specialist Freight Management you are involved in the coordination and testing of developments of our E-Visibility (web portal) application. In this position you work as an "intermediary" between your operational colleagues and our software suppliers. You translate the questions from "the business" into a request to the suppliers. The delivered software is tested by you internally and you guide your colleagues further through this testing process. With the aim of the final installation on the production systems.
You are also (solution-oriented) active for your colleagues as a source of information for the software products Precision, Consignor and e-Visibility.
Other duties are in your role:
- Analysis of the questions (from operational colleagues) regarding the Freight Management software products
- Passing on and translating the questions / requests to our software suppliers
- Installing the products of our software suppliers
- Test the products of our software suppliers together with operational colleagues
- Providing support to operational colleagues
- Collaborate with the other team members to apply and improve the standards
What do we ask?
We are looking for a motivated Application Specialist Freight Management who wants to work at DSV. We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and add value to our organization. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, ownership. We also find the following points important for the position:
- HBO working and thinking level
- Experience in IT and / or logistics
- Experience with Freight & Transport Management is a plus
- Being able to work pro-actively and independently
- Knowledge of and experience with SQL is an advantage
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English
What do we offer?
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Return to the overview of job openings.