Do you want to grow with DSV in knowledge and experience as an Assistant Freight Forwarder? Then apply now!
DSV Air & Sea
For our fast-growing division DSV Air & Sea, location Dordrecht, we are looking for a Freight Forwarder Assistant.
For our Iceland department in Dordrecht we are looking for a motivated and eager to learn Assistant Freight Forwarder who wants to work with the team with the right work mentality. The Iceland department is working hard every day to prepare a weekly scheduled service to/from Iceland in combination with transports from all over Europe to Dordrecht. As an Assistant Forwarder you are of great value to your colleagues. You are the person who, after an order from Iceland, contacts the sender elsewhere in Europe. You discuss the details of the shipment (weight/dimensions) to plan the correct road transport. From the sender (this can be throughout Europe) to Dordrecht. You ensure that the transport runs smoothly with colleagues from DSV Road (or an external transporter) and that all details (documentation) are correct. After arrival in Dordrecht, you check the shipment yourself in the warehouse and hand it over to your colleague for transport to Iceland.
In the energetic team of the Iceland department there is room for you to have fun every day with your colleagues. Because of course there must be laughter on a working day! Under the guidance of the manager and senior forwarders, you will be taught everything about the trade. To do and grow more and more!
Other tasks in your role are:
- Close contact with the collection locations in Europe, (external) transporters and (inter)national colleagues
- Calculate in terms of shipments to have them transported by road transporters
- Check and draft documentation where necessary
- Follow up on current files together with your colleagues and solve (ad hoc) problems where necessary
- Learn and apply the freight forwarder's profession on-the-job
What do we ask?
We are looking for an inquisitive and motivated Assistant Forwarder who wants to work at DSV. To learn the freight forwarder's profession from experienced colleagues. Your personality, involvement and responsibility are important to DSV. In addition, the following matters;
- MBO work and thinking level, supplemented with logistics training (for example STC)
- At least one year of work experience in a similar position (eg internships)
- Good command of Dutch and English language in word and writing
- Able to set priorities, want to puzzle and be able to work in an ad-hoc environment
- Knowledge of INCO terms is an advantage
- You are eager to learn, have a sense of humor and would like to grow with DSV
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a salary that matches the position and good secondary employment conditions (including 28 vacation days, 8% holiday pay and a good pension scheme).
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
We would like to get to know you and looking forward to receive your CV including cover letter. Click on the “Apply button”. If you have additional questions regarding this vacancy feel free to contact Jeroen de Wit at +31682297557 or Jeroen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Return to the overview of job openings.