Are you the Assistant Freight Forwarder who wants to learn the trade 'on-the-job' in Dordrecht? Apply now!
We are looking for one for our fast-growing division DSV Road, located in Dordrecht, Assistant Road Transport Forwarder.
From Dordrecht we are active for a diversity of countries in Europe. As an Assistant Freight Forwarder you can work in the road transport department with various activities in the field of planning and expedition road transport. In the energetic and young team you will be fully trained by your colleagues who are happy to teach you the precise tasks. So that you can independently organize the various road transport shipments after this familiarization process.
In addition to your operational tasks as an Assistant Forwarder, you are also active in checking and preparing (customs) documentation (for the country where the road transport is going to or coming from). You are of great value to your colleagues, the customer and the progress of the transport.
Your previous experiences (work or internship) are welcome, as is your (preferably) completed logistics training. Would you like to work at DSV as an Assistant Freight Forwarder Road Transport? Then apply now!
Other tasks are;
- Assisting (senior) forwarders / planners in organizing road transport
- Process shipment data in system and keep files up-to-date
- Maintain close contact with customers, carriers and external partners
- Checking and/or drawing up transport and customs documents
- Learn the trade as an Assistant Freight Forwarder Road Transport on-the-job
What do we ask for?
We are looking for an inquisitive and motivated Assistant Forwarder who wants to work at DSV. To learn the freight forwarder's profession from experienced colleagues. Your personality, involvement and responsibility are important to DSV. In addition, the following matters;
- Preferably (internship) experience in road transport (as Assistant Planner or Assistant Freight Forwarder)
- Experience with customs documents is an advantage
- Able to set priorities, want to puzzle and be able to work in an ad-hoc environment
- Sense of humor is important as is your eagerness to learn and energy on a working day
- Command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a salary that matches the position and good secondary employment conditions (including 28 vacation days, 8% holiday pay and a good pension scheme).
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
We would like to get to know you and looking forward to receive your CV including cover letter. Click on the “Apply button”. If you have additional questions regarding this vacancy feel free to contact Jeroen de Wit at +31682297557 or Jeroen.email@example.com.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Return to the overview of job openings.