Will you be responsible for the storage and distribution of various customers at DSV in Dordrecht? Then apply now!
DSV Air & Sea
For our fast-growing division DSV Air & Sea, location Dordrecht, we are looking for a Forwarder Warehouse & Distribution.
You are independently active on a daily basis with the warehousing and distribution for a number of DSV key accounts. The goods of these customers are stored in the warehouse (of 10,000 m2) in Dordrecht. Your responsibility is to closely inform the customer about the stocks or to take care of the outgoing shipments (from warehouse Dordrecht). You may also coordinate the transport of goods from the factory to Dordrecht or vice versa. Including the associated documentation, preparing loading lists and in close collaboration with your colleagues in the warehouse. And you inform the customer at all times. Can you switch ad hoc between transporters, colleagues and the customer? And have you gained experience in a similar position with warehousing and distribution?
Other tasks in your role are:
- Keeping files up-to-date (from order to invoicing)
- Maintaining very close contact with key accounts and carriers
- Instruct your colleagues in warehouse regarding incoming/outgoing shipments
- Resolving common issues in a customer-oriented manner with regard to stock differences and damage
- Organize outgoing shipments with your own DSV transport or dare to switch with external parties
- Resolve ad-hoc irregularities related to ongoing files
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and who can add value to our organization. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, ownership. We also consider the following points important for the position:
- MBO work and thinking level (preferably supplemented with logistics training)
- At least 2 years of comparable work experience with warehouse and distribution
- Working accurately, being able to manage your own customers independently and with initiative
- Strong in your shoes, customer oriented and sense of humor
- Being able to communicate and write well in the Dutch and English language
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a salary that matches the position and good secondary employment conditions (including 28 vacation days, 8% holiday pay and a good pension scheme).
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Return to the overview of job openings.