Do you want to get started independently with sea freight shipments for our customers in Maastricht? Then apply now!
DSV Air & Sea
For our fast-growing division DSV Air & Sea, location Maastricht, we are looking for a Freight Forwarder Sea freight.
Do you have knowledge/experience as a Sea Freight Forwarder? And do you want to be independently active on a daily basis with your own international client package? The 'sea freight' team of DSV Air & Sea in Maastricht is looking for a new colleague.
Together with them you take care of the import shipments for various (local) customers. From order to invoicing. You have daily close contact with carriers and international shipping companies. In addition, you take care of the documentation and you talk to your DSV colleagues on the other side of the world regarding a current shipment.
If you have already gained experience with sea freight shipments, this is certainly an advantage. But everything you don't know yet, the team of five colleagues will be happy to teach you. Your inquisitiveness, enthusiasm and good work mentality are actually just as important. Will you soon be our new colleague who will (further) learn the function of Forwarder Seafreight on-the-job?
Other tasks in your role are;
- Organizing import transports for various international customers
- Request rates from carriers/shipping companies and prepare/send quotes
- Keep files up-to-date and inform customers in a timely manner (by telephone or e-mail)
- Prepare, check and/or process transport and customs documents
- Maintain close contact with shipping companies and overseas colleagues
- Organize road transport of containers from / to terminal (on behalf of the customer)
- Resolve ad-hoc irregularities related to ongoing files
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and who can add value to our organization. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, ownership. We also consider the following points important for the position:
- MBO work and thinking level (preferably supplemented with logistics training)
- At least 2 years of work experience as an Import Forwarder is an advantage
- Up-to-date knowledge of Incoterms and the ability to apply them
- Want to learn (further) the profession of Freight Forwarder from your closest colleagues in Maastricht
- Being able to communicate and write well in the Dutch and English language
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a salary that matches the position and good secondary employment conditions (including 28 vacation days, 8% holiday pay and a good pension scheme).
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
We would like to get to know you and would like to receive your CV. Click on the “Apply button”. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Jeroen de Wit on +31682297557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Return to the overview of job openings.