Do you want to work independently on import shipments of your own international customers at DSV in Dordrecht? Then apply now!
DSV Air & Sea
For our fast-growing division DSV Air & Sea, location Dordrecht, we are looking for a Freight Forwarder Import.
The content of your position
You are independently active every day with your own international client package. You take care of the entire import shipment for them from request to invoicing. You are the point of contact for the customer and you also keep in touch with a DSV colleague on the other side of the world, the shipping company and the road carrier for the transport of the shipment to the final location. Before lunch you answer questions from Asia and after lunch you mainly have contact with your (logistics) partners in North and South America. You are the person who books, monitors the shipment and also the person who informs your customer. You monitor the entire sea freight process and act on an ad hoc basis in case of possible issues. Are you the person with import experience who wants to work at DSV in a customer-oriented way?
Other tasks in your role are
- Keep files up-to-date and inform your own customers in a timely manner
- Check and process common documents in system
- Maintain close contact with shipping companies and overseas colleagues
- Organize post-transport after arrival of containers at terminals (according to customer's wishes)
- Taking care of additional administration and invoicing (after closing files)
- Preparing reports for customers and management
- Resolve ad-hoc irregularities related to ongoing files dossier
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and who can add value to our organization. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, ownership. We also consider the following points important for the position:
- MBO work and thinking level (preferably supplemented with logistics training)
- At least 2 years of work experience in a position as Forwarder Import or import-related function
- Up-to-date knowledge of Incoterms 2020 and the ability to apply it
- Working accurately, being able to manage your own 'shop' with your own customers independently and with initiative
- Being able to communicate and write well in the Dutch and English language
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow and learn. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good salary and good fringe benefits.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
We are looking forward to receive your CV including cover letter. Click on the “Apply button”. If you have additional questions regarding this vacancy feel free to contact Jeroen de Wit at +31682297557.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Return to the overview of job openings.