For our fast-growing division DSV Air & Sea in Eelde we are hiring a Junior Freight Forwarder, Ocean Freight.
The main focus of this position:
As a Junior Freight Forwarder you are responsible for a fast and efficient handling of shipments from A to Z. You fulfill a proactive role within the team. As a Junior Freight Forwarder you are responsible for a fast and efficient handling of shipments from A to Z. You have a proactive role within the team.Other tasks will be:
- Maintaining customer contacts and providing quotations;
- Calculating and developing quotations;
- Determining the feasibility of shipments and processing them in the systems;
- Determining the most suitable transport option and booking the chosen transport;
- Arranging outsourcing to transport companies and storage and transhipment companies;
- Checking the correct departure and progress of the shipment.
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who can make a difference and who can be an added value for our company. The qualities we value are commitment, responsibility and ownership. Sharing your knowledge and cooperation will be highly valued. Furthermore, we request the following qualifications:
• Completed MBO education, preferably towards Transport & Logistics;
• At least 1 year of work experience in a comparable environment;
• Commercial skills and stress resistance;
• Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language.
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. As a growing company we are looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good compensation and benefits package. We offer good career opportunities to motivated and skilled employees. We think it is important that our employees enjoy going to work. Personal attention, open communication, team spirit and a positive corporate culture are central to this. Our employees always have the opportunity to receive the right training to further develop professional competences.
Are you interested?
We would like to receive your application, please click on the "Apply button". If you have additional questions regarding this vacancy feel free to contact Michelle de Waal at +31651365493 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Return to the overview of job openings.