Do you always see opportunities for effective and efficient improvements? Do you always see opportunities for effective and efficient improvements? Do you know how we can make our processes run more smoothly? View this vacancy of Junior Logistics Engineer and apply immediately! View this vacancy of Junior Logistics Engineer and apply immediately!
For our fast-growing division DSV Solutions in Amsterdam we are hiring a Junior Logistics Engineer.
The main duties of this position:
As a Junior Logistics Engineer you are initiating and coordinating small to large projects at setting up and optimizing the operational (logistics) processes within our various warehouses. You do this in a way that efficient logistics services can be provided, in line with specific customer wishes. In the position of Junior Logistics Engineer you report directly to the Manager Business Support. Other tasks will be:
- Determining wishes and specifications from customers or own organization and making proposals for improvement;
- Come up with innovative solutions to work-related problems. Devising new methods to replace existing ones, questioning the obvious and counteracting traditional tendencies;
- Coordinate / participate in projects related to new customers, processes and applications;
- Adding meaning to information in a particular work situation. Develop and deepen knowledge in a specific area of attention and translate the consequences for the own organization;
- Overseeing situations and processes over time, recognizing problems and tackling them systematically with an eye for the consequences.
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who can make a difference and who can be an added value for our company. The qualities we value are commitment, responsibility and ownership. Sharing your knowledge and cooperation will be highly valued. Furthermore, we request the following qualifications:
- Bachelor working and thinking level;
- Analytical insight and experience with optimizing processes is an advantage;
- You are familiar with WMS functionalities and mechanization solutions is an advantage;
- Proficiency in Dutch and English spoken and written.
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. As a growing company we are looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good compensation and benefits package. We offer good career opportunities to motivated and skilled employees. We think it is important that our employees enjoy going to work. Personal attention, open communication, team spirit and a positive corporate culture are central to this. Our employees always have the opportunity to receive the right training to further develop professional competences.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
We look forward to your application. For further information about the position, please contact Jeroen de Wit via +31 (0) 682297557. A VOG application is part of the procedure.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Return to the overview of job openings.