Are you the experienced and energetic Warehousing & Distribution Manager who wants to grow with DSV? Then we are looking for you!
DSV Air & Sea
For our Air & Sea division, located in Dordrecht, we are looking for a (replacement) Manager Warehousing & Distribution.
In Dordrecht, as Manager Warehousing & Distribution, you work proactively with your team, consisting of 14 colleagues. On the one hand, 7 colleagues in the office who you directly manage in the field of all import and export activities (related to warehousing and distribution for a number of key accounts). And on the other hand, 7 colleagues in our 10,000 m2 warehouse, whom you manage indirectly (together with Adri-Jan, team lead of the warehouse).
Your responsibility is to manage the daily operation of this (growing) department. You guarantee the quality! In addition, you develop (commercial) growth of the department and you are responsible for P&L. Your extensive knowledge/experience in the field of warehousing and distribution, import and export (sea freight and road transport) of containers (fcl and lcl) and solution-oriented, outgoing and positive personality are central to your position. To inspire, motivate, train and transfer your knowledge/experience to colleagues.
You are active with the personnel policy (from absenteeism to job applications), you think and work in processes, you have spatial insight to work even more efficiently (for the customer and DSV) and you are actively expanding additional activities (VAL, special projects). In addition, you maintain close contact with relations (in collaboration with colleagues from sales) in order to expand these even further for the department and DSV with initiative and creativity. You report directly to the Branch Manager (Elder) and provide him with the weekly KPIs.
As Manager Warehousing & Distribution, you are expected to dare to make a decision and to be curious. You manage operationally and assist where necessary. But above all, you take the lead in monitoring the service for the customers.
Other tasks in your position are:
- Solving problems and acting as a point of contact for your colleagues regarding escalations and issues
- You are responsible for compliance with the (work) agreements and maintenance, standardisation, implementation and compliance with the (work) agreements;
- Proactive in drawing up and executing continuous improvement plans (for the benefit of our customers);
- You are responsible for drawing up performance reports (for internal and external).
What do we ask?
DSV is always looking for people who want to make a difference and who can be of great value to our organization. The qualities we value are: involvement, responsibility and ownership of the Warehousing & Distribution department. For this position we are also looking for someone who has the following:
- HBO work and thinking level;
- At least 10 years of work experience in the field of warehousing and distribution, of which at least 5 years as a manager;
- You are a doer and a thinker, who wants to teach, enthuse and inspire others;
- Up-to-date knowledge and experience with INCO terms, customs matters and inbound and outbound transport;
- In addition, you are customer-oriented, social and you have a sense of humor;
- You do not shy away from changes/growth and you get energy from new activities
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language.
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a salary that matches the position and good secondary employment conditions (including 28 vacation days, 8% holiday pay and a good pension scheme).
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Return to the overview of job openings.