Do you want to be part of the winning team as Sales Director at DSV Road?
We are looking for our fast-growing division DSV Road, located in Venlo, for a Sales Director.
Are you the enterprising person who proactively pursues the goal of "new customers and sales"? Do you have up-to-date knowledge of developments and results in the road transport market? Then you are our new colleague who will start as Sales Director of DSV Road. In this position you proactively (and coach) lead the commercial employees of the Sales department and you work very closely and intensively with Marketing, Operations and Customer Service. In addition, it is your responsibility to draw up the annual Sales Plan and to ensure the correct implementation and the achievement of the agreed objectives.
Your proactive "play-to-win" mentality as well as coaching leadership is very welcome in the position of Sales Director. You are responsible for formulating sales targets and monitoring their realization. One of your goals is to continuously improve the Sales department to achieve growth of (new) customers / turnover. You report to the Managing Director and are a member of the Management team of DSV Road B.V. Are you representative, do you have at least ten years of commercial work experience in road transport and managerial / analytical skills? Send your CV and motivation!
The further activities include:
- Coaching and providing support to Sales's commercial employees
- Ensuring structural reports that provide insight into the performance of the Sales department
- Striving for maximum productivity of the Sales department
- Approaching potential accounts and actively maintaining contacts
- Identifying market developments and translating them into the organization on an operational, tactical and strategic level
- Ensuring correct reporting of all relevant account information in the CRM system MS Dynamics
- Contributing to commercially related projects from our head office
- Responsible for cooperation with the other divisions and countries of DSV and acting as a representative of DSV to external parties
- At least 10 years of work experience in a commercial position in road transport
- Completed commercial, logistics or business education at HBO or University level
- Knowledge of developments and results within the road freight forwarding market
- Excellent analytical, commercial and managerial skills
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written (other languages are preferred)
- Extensive experience with MS Dynamics is an advantage
- Willingness to travel
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow and learn. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good salary and good fringe benefits.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
We would like to get to know you and look forward to your application. If you have additional questions regarding this vacancy feel free to contact Jeroen de Wit at +31682297557.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Return to the overview of job openings.