Do you have an eye for detail? And do you know how you can make a difference with regard to Health, Safety & Environment? Then apply now!
For our fast-growing DSV Solutions division, located in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Senior Health, Safety & Environment Specialist.
Your focus is on the central SHE policy. In addition, you ensure that the DSV Solutions management system is implemented and maintained within the site. In such a way that it meets the needs of the local organization but also the laws and regulations. You identify bottlenecks, report them and advise managers and management on improvements.
You also assist the organization in the implementation and evaluation of the SHE policy, you guide and support the prevention employees in the performance of their tasks/responsibilities. You develop training courses, prepare presentations (to increase environmental and safety awareness of management and employees) and you are also active as the first point of contact in the field of safety, health and the environment in the workplace (as well as carrying out safety rounds). You support your colleague from SHEQ on the site with regard to audits and other activities.
One of your responsibilities is also that you participate in various RFIs, RFQs, RI&E and the associated Plan of Approach and that you advise and support management in developing KPI measurements / reports in the field of SHE. As well as co-drafting and managing the annual SHE objectives. As a Health, Safety & Environment Specialist you report directly to the Business support manager. You work together with the other SHEQ colleagues.
Your further duties include;
- Provide cooperation for the implementation of the prevention measures and advice given with regard to. onboarding, training, information, safety and environmental instructions, use of chemicals, fire prevention, emergency planning, emergency response, etc.;
- Taking care of the administrative management regarding safety, health and the environment
- Translating relevant legislation and regulations into a practical approach;
- Carrying out safety rounds to raise the general safety level to a higher level;
- You act as the first point of contact in the field of safety, health and the environment in the workplace;
- Drafting, completing and signing documents regarding the selection, purchase, use and maintenance of work equipment and personal protective equipment;
- Carrying out assignments and/or advising on the legal tasks that have been established and included in European, national or regional legislation and regulations;
- Initiate and/or participate in multidisciplinary teams related to: drawing up and/or elaborating process descriptions, work instructions, control cards;
- You also ensure that subcontractors can work safely and you have an advisory role in drawing up work permits;
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and who can add value to our organization. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, professional skills and the ability to share knowledge. In the role of Senior Health, Safety & Environment Specialist, we also require the following qualities: analytical and process-oriented thinking skills, basic knowledge of management techniques; being able to set priorities, distinguish main from side issues, communicative, assertive, creative, expertise, initiator, planning and organisation. Do you possess these qualities and the points below, then apply immediately!
- HBO work and thinking level; supplemented with a specialization in secondary safety science;
- Relevant work experience preferably gained within the logistics or process industry;
- Command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing;
- Knowledge and experience in the field of occupational health and safety and environmental management and/or the willingness to develop yourself in this area is an advantage.
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a salary that matches the position and good secondary employment conditions (including 28 vacation days, 8% holiday pay and a good pension scheme).
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation. For further information about the position, please contact Jeroen de Wit via +31682297557 or email@example.com.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Return to the overview of job openings.