Do you get energy from being the connecting link between logistics operations, IT and fellow engineers?
For our fast-growing division DSV Solutions in Venlo we are hiring a Senior Applications Engineer (Logistics/WMS).
The main duties of this position
As a Senior Logistics Engineer you are mainly engaged in carrying out projects aimed at setting up and optimizing logistics information systems / applications within one or more locations of DSV. You do this in such a way that an efficient implementation of the logistics services can take place, in line with the specific wishes of your internal or external customer. You work together in the regional team of process and application engineers in which sharing knowledge is central. In this position you occasionally have a coordinating role for projects. The Senior Logistics Engineer reports to the Business Applications Support supervisor and falls under the Business Support department. Other tasks will be:
- Set up, test and implement new customers and processes;
- You specify operational and customer requirements for the IT developer;
- Proactively proposing improvements and solutions to our warehouse management system (WMS), we work with Redprairie / JDA Dispatcher;
- Actively participate in projects to improve the logistics process, such as large-scale automation projects;
- Operational support of the primary process, advising and supporting key users and troubleshooters with regard to the implementation of the operational activities in relation to the WMS;
- You have a continuous eye for improving and standardizing your own departmental processes and internal and external cooperation.
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who can make a difference and who can be an added value for our company. The qualities we value are commitment, responsibility and ownership. Sharing your knowledge and cooperation will be highly valued. Furthermore, we request the following qualifications:
- A completed education at HBO level;
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of logistics processes and WMS systems, knowledge of SQL;
- Analytical; able to translate operational and customer wishes into specifications for a developer.
- Communicative; you are able to communicate technically with internal and external parties, without losing business insight;
- Experience with logistics automation / mechanization is a plus.
- Proficiency in the English language, spoken and written.
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. As a growing company we are looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good compensation and benefits package. We offer good career opportunities to motivated and skilled employees. We think it is important that our employees enjoy going to work. Personal attention, open communication, team spirit and a positive corporate culture are central to this. Our employees always have the opportunity to receive the right training to further develop professional competences.
Are you interested?
We would like to get to know you and look forward to receive your application If you have additional questions regarding this vacancy feel free to contact Michelle de Waal at +31651365493. We require a VOG from all employees.
DSV does not accept unsolicited help from intermediary / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Resumes sent (in whatever form) by said parties to any employees of DSV without a valid written search query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the said parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent unsolicited.
Return to the overview of job openings.