Move forward as Application Engineer at DSV in Maastricht-Airport
Are you ready to be a bridge builder between our logistics operation, IT, and your fellow process engineers in our brand-new facility at Maastricht-Airport? Are you a project wizard who knows exactly how to efficiently get things done? Then we're looking for you!
You get it done
You will be involved in executing projects focused on setting up and optimizing logistic information systems and applications. This will be done within one or more DSV locations. You’re on it!
How do you achieve this? In a regional team of process and application engineers, knowledge sharing is key. You'll often take on a coordinating role in large-scale projects, always striving for the most efficient execution of our logistics services, tailored to internal and external customer needs. You accomplish this by:
- establishing, testing, and implementing new customers and associated processes;
- specifying operational and external customer requirements for IT developers;
- proactively contributing to improvements and solutions for WMS with Redprairie/JDA Dispatcher;
- actively participating in projects to enhance the logistics process, including large-scale automation projects, and providing operational support to the primary process.
Your team stands out at DSV for its short communication lines and flat organization structure. As an application engineer, you enjoy a high degree of freedom and responsibility, working with the latest technologies such as our automated warehouse in Venlo. In short, you are contributing to the future of our logistics services.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
What makes this role exciting? You are literally and figuratively building the future of logistics!
says Arjan Schoonbeek, Manager Business Support.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- a completed relevant bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain, IT, or similar, supplemented with about 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- knowledge of logistics processes, warehouse management systems, and SQL, preferably combined with experience in logistics automation/mechanization;
- analytical skills and the ability to translate operational and external customer requirements into specifications for IT;
- strong communication skills, both in Dutch and English.
It all counts for this vacancy of application engineer in Maastricht-Airport. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary tailored to the knowledge and experience you bring;
- a favorable pension scheme, with a part being premium-free and a 5% personal contribution.
- 24 vacation days, 4 additional days off, and 8% holiday pay;
- a work environment with plenty of room for your input, initiative, and flexibility;
- access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy and external training sessions. This way, you can grow and influence your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our colleagues tell our story
Watch the video (in Dutch) below
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.