For our fast-growing DSV Solutions division, located in the Southwest Netherlands region, we are looking for a Business Application Specialist.
Due to the growth of the organization and growth in warehousing activities of various international accounts (including a soft drink producer and well-known sports brand), we are looking for a Business Application Specialist. You support operational colleagues on a daily basis and offer them support with application questions that they cannot answer themselves, but also with improvements in the field of customer and process optimization.
Within DSV, we work with one WMS, for which the management and organization has been placed with Business Support. As a Business Applications Specialist you are active for various sites in the Southwest Netherlands region. Are you the WMS specialist we are looking for? Who can work independently with our warehouse processes and can set up, maintain and optimize these customer-specific.
Other tasks in your role are:
- Monitoring the operation and functionality of systems and applications or processes and procedures;
- Carrying out system (performance) tests;
- Signalling deviations; reporting disruptions, intervening and solving identified problems in functionality, reliability, speed and capacity;
- Maintaining contact and working closely with colleagues in the team (such as process engineer and manager) and outside the team (operations and WMS development);
- Testing and implementing new WMS functionalities, in order to optimize the operation.
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and who can add value to our organization. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, ownership. In addition, we consider the following points important for the position:
- HBO work and thinking level, supplemented with experience in a logistics or warehouse environment;
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar position such as Application Engineer or WMS Specialist;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English (orally and in writing);
- Able to work independently and flexible in terms of location (home or site in the southwest of the Netherlands);
- Expertise in the application of RedPrairie/JDA Dispatcher is an absolute advantage;
- Analytical, creative and willing/able to transfer knowledge to colleagues.
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow and learn. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good salary and good fringe benefits.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Manouk Lips via +31 (0)6 5188 5961 or email@example.com.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.