Are you someone who gets energy from helping others, teaching new processes to colleagues, or implementing processes for new customers? Then you are the right person to join DSV Air & Sea as a business support specialist.
You get it done
Making the translation between the TMS systems, customer requirements, and their use by the customer and colleagues: you work on it.
How you do this? On a daily basis, you are involved in the operational optimization and professionalization of our TMS system (Cargowise) and other DSV applications, among others. In addition, you are involved in implementing new customers in our systems. You are also actively involved in starting new colleagues in the operational departments. You are the person who provides training for these new DSV employees on how to use our internal systems and processes. As a Business Support Specialist, you are also active in reporting to our customers and in close contact with our 'Global IT Department'. You will achieve this by:
- optimizing internal system processes;
- implementing and managing operational and/or commercial agreements and ensuring compliance;
- being active as an open point of contact to operational colleagues about ongoing processes.
Your team stands out within DSV due to its informal atmosphere and working from multiple DSV locations. This makes it important that you are willing and able to work independently. You know how to find each other via teams and phone.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier, or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
You have to enjoy digging for the solution, the answer does not come naturally,
says Ton van Belle, Senior Business Support Specialist.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- at least 2 to 5 years of working experience in sea freight, transport, and logistics;
- hbo-level working and thinking;
- good communication skills in Dutch and English (writing and speaking);
- experience in applying Excel well and analytically;
- experience with operational systems such as Cargowise is a plus.
It all counts for this vacancy of business support specialist in Dordrecht. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts, and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- 28 holidays per year and 8% holiday pay paid out in May;
- 5% gratuity paid out in November
- a favorable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and an own contribution of 5%;
- access to knowledge and training via our DSV Academy and external (logistics) study opportunities.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Naomi Groenewoud will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 8229 7557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our colleagues tell our story
Watch the video (in Dutch) below
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.