Do you keep a cool head and monitor our entire automated warehouse? Are you the specialist who gets the right data and thinks in processes?
You get it done
As a Control Room Specialist, you are responsible for starting up, monitoring, controlling and closing down the production processes in the automated warehouse and you'll be part of it!
How you do this? You anticipate disruptions and forecasts. Extracting data from all systems, you continuously keep the day's objective in mind and ensure that, with your input, the operation continues to work according to plan. Where necessary, you escalate the processes. All this happens from the control room, an office environment full of screens and computers where all processes and data are monitored.
As one of the specialists in this, you become part of a relatively new department that is very important for the entire operation and continues to develop and grow. Through your knowledge and experience, you will contribute to the success of the entire operation every day! You will get this done by:
- solving first-line problems and identifying improvement processes;
- communicating with the operation on status process flow, changes and required steering and providing input on updates to the various stakeholders;
- controlling and monitoring the progress of the processes.
Your team stands out within DSV because of the specialist knowledge of each person and the international character. The team is new and the atmosphere is hugely collegial. The team is managed by operations manager Krists. As a team, you will work 2 shifts and occasionally and by mutual agreement at weekends.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. Be part of a dynamic Control Room team and take your opportunity to develop yourself and our fast-growing business,
says Krists Sakars, Manager Operations.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- demonstrable solid logistics and automated warehouse knowledge, gained as a process engineer, automation engineer or troubleshooter, for example;
- ability to always remain calm in a dynamic environment, allowing you to maintain an overview and always set the right priorities;
- good command of the English language and knowledge of various software systems.
It all counts for this vacancy of controlroom specialist in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary (excluding shift bonus) in line with your knowledge and experience;
- a professional and informal working environment where your voice counts and is valued;
- 24 holidays, 4 adv-days and 8% holiday pay;
- a favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and a 5% own contribution;
- access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy. This allows you to grow and influence your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Bart Joosten will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 4327 0642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.