Move forward as Customs Manager at DSV in Venlo
Are advice, implementation, customs processes, commerce and management right up your street? You lift your team to a higher level and play an indispensable role in the growth of DSV. Move forward as a customs manager at DSV.
You make it happen
As customs manager, you manage 10 direct colleagues with support from a Team Lead. You are the point of contact for all customs matters within the East and Southeast region of the Netherlands. You are always looking for a faster and more efficient way of working and stay abreast of changing legislation and regulations. You also spar with colleagues from other departments and customers about the daily course of affairs but also strategically looking at a longer period.
Within your team, you assume your role as manager. You plan and coordinate the activities in your department, draft process descriptions and work instructions. Naturally, you keep these up to date.
With the technical knowledge you bring when it comes to customs matters, you are the reference within our organisation. But much more importantly, you are a motivator for your team. You get all this done by:
- Preparing, processing and applying all common customs declarations in accordance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Identifying deviations and bottlenecks. You immediately switch gears and look for an explanation or sustainable solution;
- Delegating tasks, coaching and guiding your team and holding work meetings;
- Empowering your team members. You ensure that they are trained and remain knowledgeable in customs matters.
- You support the Senior Manager with various national activities and communication with Customs.
We are DSV, we are forwarders
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via air freight, sea freight or road transport.
In the Netherlands, we operate from 20 offices, with over 3,000 colleagues. Together, we rise to the challenge that a rapidly changing environment brings. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference.
- HBO working and thinking level;
- At least 2 years' experience in a managerial/managing role;
- Completed accredited declarant training;
- Extensive work experience with customs matters within transport & logistics;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbally and in writing.
As customs manager within DSV you will be successful, especially by showing initiative. You also make optimal use of your freedom. You identify challenges or points of attention and deal with them immediately. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be the case if you like to work hard, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
You will get
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment. You will work within a team that values cooperation.
What else you can expect from us is:
- A salary that depending on your experience can go up to €5250,- gross per month;
- 28 holidays and 8% holiday pay based on full-time employment;
- 5% gratuity;
- A good pension scheme;
- The opportunity to work partly from home, if work allows;
- Access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy. This allows you to grow and influence your career path.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Sanne Reijnders via +31 (0)6 23035118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.