Move forward as Facility Manager at DSV in Southwest Netherlands
Ready for the next step in your facilities career? Your experience within facility will come into its own within our international environment.
You get it done
Leading and coaching the operational facility team in our region (4 sites, ±200,000m²), setting up long-term maintenance plans for our buildings, making our business more sustainable and supervising facility projects such as the construction and commissioning of the largest warehouse (>200,000m²) in the Benelux: you will be involved in it or, better still, take the lead.
How do you do this? As Facility Manager, you are responsible for managing a team of 10 specialists. Where our technical and maintenance staff are occupied on a daily basis with maintaining our buildings and solving disruptions, specialists take care of supervising our service suppliers, complex facility projects and purchasing the necessary products, you will set the broad outlines. You support and lead the team, both professionally and in all personnel matters around it!
One of your first projects will be collaborating on the new construction project in Moerdijk. Catering, furnishing, multi-year maintenance plan. You lead everything in the right direction. You achieve this by:
- empowering your team of professionals and taking our facilities department to the next level;
- Take the lead in setting up improvement processes and projects, involving your colleagues and our operations;
- improving our procurement process, setting up a procurement calendar and expanding procurement tenders;
- applying and monitoring various NEN standards and facility certifications;
- taking the lead in facilities management, setting up new locations and relocations.
Your team stands out within DSV because of the specialists, each with their own specialism. From security to electrical installations. Your team will not shy away from any challenge.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
Unburdening the operational departments, as they do for our customers, is our most important task as a facility department,
says Joost Spoel, Business Support Manager
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- passion for the job! Complemented by a higher proffesional education;
- experience in applying NEN standards and facility certifications for large organisations;
- some experience with logistical processes. Good coordination with the logistics operation is important in this role;
- strong communication skills that you know how to align with all layers within our organisation;
- good command of the Dutch and English languages.
It all counts for this vacancy of facility manager in Moerdijk/Tholen. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- A salary tailored to the knowledge and experience you bring;
- 24 holidays, 4 adv days, 8% holiday pay and 5% gratuity paid in November;
- a favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and a 5% own contribution;
- access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy. This allows you to grow and influence your career path;
- and, of course, a really fun team that you will be working with!
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Manouk Lips will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 5188 5961 or email@example.com.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.