Ready for the next step in your facilities career? The purchase of winding machines and consumables, maintenance of utilities, setting up a long-term maintenance plan, supervising facility projects and securing our premises. Together with your team, you dare to take on this challenge!
You get it done
Your team consists of around 20 technical specialists and three supervisors/team leaders. Every day, our technical and maintenance staff are busy maintaining our premises and solving malfunctions, specialists take care of the material handling equipment, complex facility projects are completed, and the necessary products are purchased, and you set the broad outlines. You’re on it!
How will you do this? One of your first projects will be to draw up a long-term maintenance plan. Preventive, periodic or overdue maintenance. You lead everything in the right direction. You get this done by:
- empowering your team of professionals and taking our facilities department to the next level;
- improving our procurement process, setting up a procurement calendar and expanding procurement tenders;
- applying and monitoring various NEN standards and facility certifications;
- setting up improvement processes and projects, in which you as facility manager take the lead and involve your colleagues and our operations in the progress;
- take the lead in the facilities field, in setting up new locations and relocations.
Your team stands out within DSV because of the subject specialists, each with their own specialism. From security to electrical installations. Your team will not shy away from any challenge.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
We don't know problems, we think in solutions and see the challenge in everything,
says Fred Habets, Site Manager.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- passion for the job! Complemented by facilities training;
- experience in applying NEN standards and facility certifications applicable to large organisations;
- some experience within with logistical processes. Good coordination with our logistics operation is crucial in this role;
- strong communication skills that you know how to align with all layers within our organisation;
- good command of the Dutch and English languages.
It all counts for this vacancy of facility manager in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary tailored to the knowledge and experience you bring;
- 5% gratuity paid in November;
- 24 holidays, 4 adv days and 8% holiday pay;
- a favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and a 5% own contribution;
- access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy. This allows you to grow and influence your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.