The content of your function
As Facility Specialist you will work closely together with your direct colleague Willem and a Facility Assistant on a daily basis. Together you are responsible for all facility matters at the location in Amsterdam. And the related purchasing activities. With your extensive knowledge and experience in facility management, you monitor all activities and procedures in your field by keeping contracts, certifications and conditions up-to-date within the agreed service level agreements.
You will work at the Amsterdam location on the Durbanweg. Our 50,000 m2 warehouse employs 200 FTEs, who take care of the inbound and outbound storage of various international key accounts on a daily basis. Together with your immediate colleagues, you are active in solving malfunctions in our warehouse. You deal with first-line fault reports and carry out technical maintenance on the buildings, operating equipment and infrastructure. All of this in such a way that the stagnation of business activities is kept to a minimum. In other words, you roll up your technical sleeves yourself.
As mentioned, you are also active with the purchasing in the area of facility services. You keep in touch with suppliers, negotiate with them where necessary and engage them on an ad hoc basis. As a Facility Specialist, you are someone with common sense, technical insight, a helicopter view and you are good at setting priorities.
Other tasks in your function are:
- Closely involved in the formulation of the facility policy and its implementation;
- Anticipating possible future obstacles and being able to manoeuvre in this;
- Maintain close contact and negotiate with suppliers, keep contracts up to date, carry out supplier assessments and draw up SLAs;
- Reporting directly to the Manager Business Support, Mariëlle Fiege.
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and add value to our organisation. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, ownership. We also consider the following points important for the position:
- Level of education (MBO) and demonstrable work experience as a Facilities Assistant;
- Good communication in Dutch and English verbally and in writing;
- Common sense, a practical attitude and good negotiating skills;
- Experience with new construction or mechanisation projects in a logistics environment is a plus.
What do we offer?
Working for DSV means working for one of the top players in the market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow with us and want to learn. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a good salary and fringe benefits.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Jeroen de Wit via +31 (0)6 82297557 or email@example.com.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.