Together with your team, you are responsible for organizing transports to and from the warehouse. With the goods stored in Moerdijk. For international key accounts. That's what you do!
You get it done
Your responsibility is to closely inform the customer about the stocks or to take care of the outgoing shipments (from warehouse Moerdijk). You may also coordinate the transport of goods from the factory to Moerdijk or vice versa. And at all times you inform the customer. You cooperate.
How do you do this? As a warehouse & distribution forwarder, you have close contact with transporters, (international) colleagues and your customer contacts all day long. Your experience in warehousing, distribution and forwarding is very welcome, because your colleagues need your help with possible problems or questions. You provide them with advice, tips and answers. And in the meantime another email comes in with a new shipment to be sent from Moerdijk. You achieve this by:
- keeping all files up-to-date (from order to invoicing);
- maintain very close contact with key accounts and carriers;
- instruct your colleagues in the warehouse regarding incoming/outgoing shipments;
- customer-oriented resolution of issues regarding stock differences and damage;
- organize outgoing shipments with our own DSV transport or dare to switch with external parties.
Your team is active on the Tradeboulevard in Moerdijk. There is laughter and hard work at the same time. A working day starts between 07:00 and 09:30 in the morning. Everyone agrees with each other when it starts, so that the team is fully occupied. After all, good cooperation, with a smile, is the basis of your team.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
The customer's goods are central to our work. Together we ensure that this goes from A to B in the right way,
says Dennis van der Lauw, Warehouse & Distribution Manager.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- at least 3 years of work experience in warehousing, distribution and/or freight forwarding;
- a good knowledge of the Dutch and English language to be able to speak or email with the customer.
It all counts for this vacancy of freight forwarder warehouse & distribution. It is of course also important that you feel at home with us. That certainly goes well if you like to persevere, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is enterprising, competitive and always wants to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. In addition to a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- 28 vacation days per year and 8% vacation pay paid in May;
- 5% gratuity paid in November;
- a favorable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and a personal contribution of 5%;
- access to knowledge and training via our DSV Academy and external (logistics) study options.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Jeroen de Wit will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 8229 7557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.