Move forward as Freight Forwarder Local Planning at DSV in Venlo
Over 70 trailers leave Venlo daily to deliver pallets, general cargo and groupage shipments throughout the Netherlands. Your experience as transport planner will come into its own as we expand into an even larger trailer fleet in 2023. Will you grow with us?
You get it done
You will work in our brand-new building in Sevenum, which includes a gym and a restaurant where you can enjoy your healthy meals every day. Where, as transport planner local planning, you and your team manage around 70 trailers on domestic transport every day. As many stops as possible on the route with the highest possible load factor. You’re on it!
How you do this? Because you work with regular local drivers, you quickly build a bond with your colleagues on the road. You are in close contact with them and stay informed about the latest delivery status. Of course, you also communicate this to the customer and your internal stakeholders. In short, you are and remain in the lead. You achieve this by:
- planning our domestic transport shipments as efficiently as possible;
- instructing our drivers and liaising with other departments within DSV;
- sorting out/resolving irregularities regarding loading, unloading and delivery of shipments;
- preparing, checking and processing loading and unloading lists and outturn reports;
- ensuring correct processing of internal costs.
Your team stands out within DSV because of the short lines of communication. You know your colleagues on the road and know exactly what is going on. Escalations? Delays? Or a change in the planning? Together with your team you switch quickly!
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
After 12 years at DSV, I am also still learning every day, together with my team I dare to take on any challenge,
says Danny Kraus, Senior Team Lead Local Planning.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- passion for the job! You also know how to convey this to others;
- some experience with transport planning and you want to focus entirely on domestic transport;
- command of the Dutch language;
- you know how to master systems quickly.
It all counts for this vacancy of freight forwarder local planning in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary tailored to the knowledge and experience you bring;
- 5% gratuity paid in November;
- 24 holidays, 4 adv days and 8% holiday pay;
- a favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and an own contribution of 5%;
- you will be working at a brand new location, equipped with state-of-the-art facilities such as a 150 m2 gym;
- access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy. This allows you to grow and influence your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.