Move forward as a Freight Forwarder at DSV in Dordrecht.
Shipments are transported daily, using DSV's trailers, to UK and Ireland. Here, as a freight forwarder, you are the first contact with the customer and make sure the details are right from the start. Together with your colleagues from the UK department, you ensure that the groupage LTL & FTL shipments are well organised and our customers' satisfaction grows.
You get it done
On a daily basis, you will be active in all operations with road shipments to the UK. You liaise with the customer about shipment details, make sure the documents are in Portbase and book the ferries for the crossing to the UK. Together with your eleven colleagues from the UK department, you are responsible for this. You work on it.
How you do this? A Dutch customer orders you to transport a partial load of ten pallets to London. You ensure that all the details about this shipment are properly entered into the system. You check the CMRs and prepare the customs documentation. Meanwhile, you inform colleagues from the planning department in Dordrecht as well as your colleagues in the UK. At the same time, you receive a new booking from a customer. You get this done by:
- taking on and processing bookings (from internal and external customers) in the DSV system;
- keeping in constant telephone and e-mail contact with customers and colleagues (in Dordrecht and in the UK);
- preparing route planning, taking into account customer wishes/requirements;
- ensuring that all shipment details are put into the system without error.
The team in which you operate stands out for its doers and thinkers. One of the other 11 colleagues in the UK department, led by your supervisor Mark, will be your permanent buddy who will teach you everything you need to know. An average working day consists of lots of laughter and hard work at the UK department, because humour and hard work go hand in hand at the UK department in Dordrecht.
We are DSV, we are growing
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
In the UK department, we want to harness everyone's strengths as well as grow them,
says Mark Herkströter, Senior Teamlead UK / Ireland.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
You bring with you
- at least 3 years of knowledge or experience in road transport as e.g. (assistant) planner at a road haulage company and preferably experience with transport of groupage consignments;
- a good knowledge of Dutch and English in order to speak or e-mail with customers;
- a positive attitude and motivation to want to learn and grow in knowledge and experience;
- full-time availability, which (after a thorough induction period) can be applied in flexible working hours.
It all counts for this vacancy of freight forwarder in Dordrecht. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be the case if you like to keep pushing, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
You will get
Working for DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is enterprising, competitive and always looking to grow as an organisation. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- 28 holidays per year and 8% holiday pay paid out in May;
- 5% gratuity paid out in November;
- a favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and a 5% own contribution;
- access to knowledge and training via our DSV Academy and external (logistics) study opportunities.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Jeroen de Wit will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 8229 7557 or email@example.com.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.