Move forward as Freight Forwarder at DSV in Venlo
Your aim is to achieve the best, fastest, and most efficient transport solutions for clients. You're responsible for the German market.
You get it done
As a freight forwarder for our Germany planning, you're in control of swiftly and efficiently arranging transport shipments to and from Germany. You're an expert in building and maintaining internal and external networks. You’re on it.
How you do this? Every day, several trucks depart from Venlo to various locations in Germany. This could be a FTL (full truck load), an LTL (less than truck load), or a truck full of consolidated shipments. Your task is to plan this truck as full and efficiently as possible, both on the outbound and return journeys. You achieve this by:
- ensuring correct and timely delivery of shipments;
- efficiently planning shipments with the highest possible load factor;
- selling / chartering LTL shipments and/or complete loads, both import and export;
- negotiating rates for purchased transport;
- proactively communicating and informing customers and partners. You monitor your shipments and identify irregularities related to loading, unloading, or delivery of the shipments.
Your team stands out within DSV due to the diverse mix of colleagues. Some colleagues in your team have grown from internships at DSV, while others bring a wealth of experience. Together with your team, no transport solution is impossible.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
With your drive, ambition, and eagerness to learn, anything is possible within DSV. You have all the room to take action, improve, and grow,
says Maikel Mommers, Senior Team Lead.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- a degree in transport and logistics is a plus, but a passion for the field is even more important to us;
- some experience in planning or coordinating transport, such as a freight forwarder, transport planner, or supply chain coordinator;
- proficiency in both Dutch and English. If you also speak some German, that will certainly be useful in this role;
- proficiency in MS Office, and the ability to quickly adapt to new systems.
It all counts for this vacancy of freight forwarder in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary based on the knowledge and experience you bring;
- a 5% bonus paid in November;
- 24 vacation days, 4 ADV (additional) days, and 8% holiday allowance;
- a favorable pension scheme, partly premium-free and with a 5% personal contribution;
- you'll work in a brand-new location equipped with the most modern facilities, including a 150 m2 gym;
- access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy. This way, you can grow and influence your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or email@example.com.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.