Finding the best transport solution for our customers, that's what you stand for! With your knowledge and experience in transport planning, you will play an indispensable role within our freight department. Ready to make a difference?
You get it done
You hear the question behind the question. Because you maintain close contact with our carriers and customers, you are able to find the best customised transport solution. From transporting children's toys to incendiary products. You’re on it!
How do you do this? Screening a transport request, finding a suitable transport solution, and following up the shipment when it is on route to its final destination. You are and remain in the lead, from A to Z. You achieve this by:
- booking shipments using our transport management system, with one of our carriers;
- monitoring the status of the shipment, identifying any disruptions or delays en route and proactively informing the customer;
- cancelling shipments once they reach their destination and ensuring correct invoicing to our customer.
Your team stands out within DSV because of its ambition to grow. In recent years, our freight department has already experienced great growth. The demand for value added logistics is only increasing, so within your team you will have the opportunity to help build a professional foundation for our freight department.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
We have worked hard to professionalise our department, now we need to follow through! As a Freight Forwarder, you can really make a difference within our team in 2023,
says Daan Jansen, Manager Operations Freight.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- a proactive way of working, you are critical and ask the right questions. To the customer, but also within our operation;
- experience in a customer / solution-oriented function;
- knowledge of logistics services is a big plus, but otherwise we will be happy to teach you all the tricks of the trade!
- good command of the English language; do you also speak Dutch or another foreign language? Then that will certainly come in handy.
It all counts for this vacancy of freight forwarder in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary tailored to the knowledge and experience you bring, between €2325.81 and €3256.80 gross per month;
- 24 holidays, 4 adv days and 8% holiday pay;
- a favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and an own contribution of 5%;
- the space and freedom to do business in an informal environment where you will be part of a committed, sociable and, above all, fun team!
- access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy and external training courses. This allows you to grow and influence your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or email@example.com.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.