For our fast-growing division DSV Solutions, based in Bergen op Zoom, we are looking for a Health & Safety Specialist.
Are you the specialist who deals with the implementation and optimisation within all departments of the policy in the field of Health and Safety? Your focus is on bringing about the central HS policy and the management system of DSV. You identify bottlenecks, report them and advise supervisors and management on improvements.
You also ensure that the procedures are followed within the centrally and locally set standards. And you assist the organisation in the implementation, programming and evaluation of the HSE policy. As a Health & Safety Specialist, you work on various RI&Es and the associated Plan of Action. You are responsible for the administrative management of health and safety. And in doing so, you are able to adequately investigate factors and causes of accidents and incidents to prevent recurrence.
In the position of Health & Safety Specialist, based in Bergen op Zoom, you report directly to the Manager QHSE and work together with other QHSE colleagues in the region.
Other tasks in this role are
- Assist in the implementation of preventive measures and advice given in relation to reception, training, information, safety instructions, use of chemical substances, biological agents, fire prevention, emergency planning, in-house emergency response, etc;
- Developing various training courses and preparing presentations in order to increase the safety awareness of management and employees within the organisation;
- Drafting, completing and approving documents concerning the choice, purchase, use and maintenance of work equipment and personal protective equipment;
- You initiate and/or participate in multidisciplinary teams regarding the drafting and/or working out of process descriptions, work instructions, control charts;
- Translating relevant legislation and regulations into a pragmatic approach in practice;
- Maintaining the HS management system.
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and add value to our organisation. The qualities we value are: involvement, responsibility, ownership. We also consider the following points important for the position:
- HBO work and thinking level, supplemented with a specialisation in secondary safety education;
- Relevant work experience and a clear affinity with the Health & Safety aspect within a logistics or process organisation;
- Command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbally and in writing.
What do we offer?
Working for DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a salary that matches the position and good fringe benefits (including 28 days' holiday, 8% holiday pay and a good pension scheme).
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Manouk Lips via +31 (0)6 5188 5961 or email@example.com.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.