Move forward as an IT Specialist FMS at DSV in Venlo or Moerdijk
Working as a "man-in-the-middle"? You play your part in the communication between operational colleagues and our software suppliers. Do you know better than anyone how to make this translation? And do you know what to look out for when testing new software solutions? Move forward as an FMS IT specialist at DSV in Venlo.
You get it done
As an FMS IT specialist, you will work within our Freight Management Systems. You will be actively configuring and supporting our (partly cloud-based) FMS Applications; QAD Precision and nShift. Naturally, you will not do this alone. Together with your 5 colleagues and team leader, you are the point of contact for EMEA and Africa. Within these regions, you communicate with, for example, local engineers, colleagues from BCM or our software suppliers. In short, the world lies at your feet!
Within your team, projects are clearly defined. You know that the period around Black Friday will be incredibly busy. You make good preparations together with your team. And are on standby during this period to keep everything on track and solve problems in a timely manner. In addition, you and your team test delivered software solutions internally. You then assist your colleagues in their final installation and commissioning.
You get all this done by
- Keeping system documentation up-to-date in accordance with the guidelines applicable within DSV;
- Communicating and following up on requests to our software suppliers in line with SLAs;
- Installing and testing our software vendors' products;
- Providing support to your operational colleagues;
- Developing work processes and standardisation within your team.
We are DSV, we are forwarders
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via air freight, sea freight or road transport.
In the Netherlands, we operate from 20 offices, with over 3,000 colleagues. Together, we rise to the challenge that a rapidly changing environment brings. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference.
- HBO working and thinking level;
- Experience within IT and ready for the next step in your career;
- Knowledge of and experience with (Microsoft) SQL;
- A proactive way of communicating and able to work independently;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Preferably already have experience with Freight & Transport Management.
As an FMS IT specialist within DSV, you will be successful, especially by showing initiative. You also make optimal use of your freedom. You identify challenges or points of attention and act on them immediately. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be the case if you like to work hard, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
You will get
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment. You will work within a team that values cooperation.
What else you can expect from us is:
- A salary that we match to the knowledge and experience you bring;
- 28 annual holidays assuming full-time employment;
- 8% holiday pay;
- 5% gratuity;
- A good pension scheme;
- The opportunity to work partly from home, if work allows;
- Access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy. This allows you to grow and influence your career path.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Sanne Reijnders via +31 (0)6 23035118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.