Move forward as Junior Freight Forwarder at DSV in Maastricht Airport
As a junior freight forwarder in our ocean freight department at Maastricht-Airport, you will be actively engaged with your own international key accounts on a daily basis. Your colleagues will provide comprehensive training to ensure seamless support for these clients in the realm of ocean freight shipments. From inquiries to invoicing, you will be responsible.
You get it done
After a thorough onboarding process, you will become the primary point of contact for our clients. You'll organize all shipments for these clients and maintain close communication with your DSV colleagues in Maastricht-Airport, Dordrecht, and other international locations. You’re on it.
How you do this? Your prior work or internship experience will be valuable, as will your (preferably) completed logistics education! Naturally, your DSV colleagues will guide you in all aspects of ocean freight. Following a comprehensive training period, you will independently handle processing transport requests, booking shipments, and preparing quotes. You get this done by:
- keeping files up-to-date and proactively updating your clients about the status of their shipments;
- checking and processing all relevant documents in our system;
- maintaining close contact with shipping companies and international colleagues;
- organizing onward transportation after the containers arrive at the terminals. Naturally, you will do this based on your client's preferences;
- handling additional administrative tasks, creating quotes, preparing necessary customs documentation, and finalizing your shipments with accurate invoicing.
Your team stands out at DSV due to its strong collaboration. You'll join a team with a wealth of experience. With your eagerness to learn and dedication, your colleagues will guide you to become a specialist in ocean freight within a few months.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
Embark on a voyage of growth as a junior freight forwarder ocean at DSV. Join a collaborative team, gain expertise, and make waves in the dynamic world of logistics,
says Rob Robeerst, Branch Manager.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- intermediate vocational education (MBO+) level. Ideally, you have completed a degree in transport and logistics, but a passion for the field is even more important to us;
- some work experience in a similar environment, or perhaps in air freight. However, even without experience, we're eager to teach you all the intricacies of the trade;
- you possess commercial skills, excel in prioritization, and are eager to learn. You're accustomed to working with various systems and naturally interested in the logistics and/or transport sector;
- proficiency in both Dutch and English, both spoken and written.
It all counts for this vacancy of junior freight forwarder in Maastricht Airport. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary based on the knowledge and experience you bring;
- a 5% bonus paid out in November;
- 24 vacation days, 4 ADV (Additional Duties) days, and 8% holiday pay;
- a favorable pension scheme, with a partially premium-free part and a 5% personal contribution;
- access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy. This allows you to grow and influence your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or email@example.com.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.