Move forward as Logistics Employee at DSV in Venlo
Unloading imports, loading exports and preparing distribution shipments. You'll encounter it all as a logistics employee x-dock. Will you grow with us at our brand new location at Malcom McLeanstraat 2 in Sevenum?
You get it done
You start your day with a cup of coffee, together with your colleagues. You go through the day together, after which the tasks and duties are divided. Your team takes care of the daily loading and unloading of trucks, preparing shipments on the various routes and replenishing stock locations. You are part of it.
How do you do this? When unloading trailers, you perform inbound control and take care of damage registration. When loading trailers, it's important that you match the information on the shipping lists with the shipments that actually enter the truck. Nothing as annoying as a shipment ending up on the wrong route!
You get this done by:
- performing all common logistical tasks, such as loading, unloading and repacking shipments. You do this mostly with the help of an EPT or forklift truck;
- in- and outbound scanning of shipments, using a hand scanner;
- processing pallets into collies (piece goods), which are then transported as groupage goods;
- handling transport documents.
Your team stands out within DSV because of the "family feeling" in the department. Everyone is ready for each other and willing to help. In short, you will be immediately included in the x-dock team and in no time already have the first team dinner in your agenda.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
Unlike order picking/packing in a warehouse, working on the X-dock, is only physically demanding if you have the shipment itself fall out of your hands.
said Maurice Grandiek, Senior Team Lead X-Dock
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- Some experience within logistics or transport is a nice bonus. But even without experience, we will teach you all the tricks of the trade;
- Good command of the Dutch and English languages;
- Are you already in possession of a forklift certificate? Then you can start right away! Otherwise you can obtain your forklift certificate via DSV;
- Willingness to work in a 4-shift system rotating between;
- 1 week day shift (8:00-17:00)
- 1 week early shift (5:00-14:30)
- 1 week night shift (21:00-06:00)
- 1 week late shift (17:00-02:00)
It all counts for this vacancy of logistics employee x-dock in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a thorough induction program within a team of logistics professionals;
- a salary in line with the knowledge and experience you bring;
- Shift bonuses based on your work schedule;
- 5% gratification paid in November (13th month);
- 24 vacation days, 4 adv days and 8% vacation pay;
- working at a brand new location, equipped with a gym, relaxation area, restaurant and more;
- a favorable pension plan, part of which is non-contributory and an own contribution of 5%;
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or email@example.com.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.