Move Forward as Logistics Coordinator at DSV in Venlo
Are you a go-getter with a keen eye for detail and experience in logistics processes? Kick-start your career as a logistics coordinator at DSV in Venlo.
You get it done
As a logistics coordinator, you are responsible for supervising and coordinating a dedicated team of logistics employees within our cross-dock. You work in a shift system and play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient execution of loading and unloading activities. You’re on it.
How do you achieve this? Naturally, you prioritize quality, safety, and customer satisfaction in everything you do. You work closely with the team leader to ensure that the right people are in the right place, so that all shipments leave our cross-dock on time and complete. You accomplish this by:
- leading and guiding team members in the shift, including instructions for loading and unloading activities;
- monitoring work performance and the quality of tasks;
- coordinating leave requests and personnel scheduling in collaboration with the team leader;
- identifying process deviations and taking corrective measures, including reporting any issues with warehouse equipment;
- performing loading and unloading according to specifications, inspecting goods for damage or shortages, and adhering to prescribed rules and guidelines regarding quality, security, and safety.
Your team at DSV stands out for its determination. You're only satisfied when the work is done. You help each other as needed. With such a close-knit team, the day flies by, and you ensure that every shipment leaves on time and complete.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
We used to focus on standard cross-dock activities, but in the coming period, we will expand and grow with ADR, healthcare, and high-value cargo services,
says Patric Vosbeek, Senior Manager of Terminals & Handling.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- demonstrable logistics experience, preferably in a cross-dock environment or similar;
- proficiency in the English language. If you also speak Dutch, that's a plus;
- some experience in team management, preferably in the field of logistics. Additionally, you have knowledge of ADR and experience in load securing;
- willingness to work in shifts. Our shift system includes shifts from 05:30 to 14:30, from 08:00 to 16:30, from 16:30 to 01:30, and from 21:00 to 06:00;
- you either already possess a forklift certificate or are willing to obtain one through DSV.
It all counts for this vacancy of logistics coordinator in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary tailored to your knowledge and experience;
- supplementary shift allowances, 8% holiday pay paid in May, and a 5% bonus paid in November;
- 24 vacation days, 4 additional days off, and 8% holiday pay;
- a favorable pension scheme, part of which is premium-free and requires a 5% employee contribution;
- you will work at a brand-new location equipped with the most modern facilities, including a 150m² gym and a company restaurant.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our colleagues tell our story
Watch the video (in Dutch) below
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.