Move forward as Logistics Employee Cross-dock at DSV in Venlo
Unload imports, load exports, and prepare distribution shipments. You'll encounter all of this as a cross-dock logistics employee. Will you grow with us at our brand-new location on Malcolm McLeanstraat 2 in Sevenum?
You get it done
You start your day with a cup of coffee, together with your colleagues. You review the day together, after which tasks and responsibilities are distributed. Your team is responsible for daily truck loading and unloading, preparing shipments for various routes, and replenishing stock locations. You’re on it.
How do you do this? When unloading trailers, you perform an inbound check and handle damage registration. When loading trailers, it's essential to match the information on the shipping lists with the actual shipments loaded onto the truck. There's nothing more frustrating than a shipment ending up on the wrong route. You achieve this by:
- carrying out all common logistics tasks, such as loading, unloading, and repackaging shipments. This is often done with the help of an EPT or forklift;
- scanning shipments in and out using a handheld scanner;
- processing pallets into collies (piece goods) that are then sent on groupage transport;
- managing transport documents.
Your team stands out at DSV due to the "family atmosphere" that prevails in the department. Everyone is ready to assist each other, and you'll be quickly integrated into the cross-dock team, with the first team dinner in your schedule in no time.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
Our cross-dock is more than unloading pallets on one side and loading pallets on the other. With a healthcare and high value cargo unit, we can go that extra mile,
said Patric Vosbeek, Senior Manager Distribution & Handling.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- some experience in logistics or transportation is a plus. However, even without experience, we will teach you all the ins and outs of the job;
- proficiency in the Dutch and English languages;
- if you already have a forklift certificate, you can start right away!
- Otherwise, you can obtain your forklift certificate through DSV;
- willingness to work in a staggered day shift, from 16:30 to 01:30.
It all counts for this vacancy of logistics employee cross-dock in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary tailored to your knowledge and experience, supplemented with shift allowances that can go up to 20%;
- a 5% gratuity paid in November (13th month);
- 24 vacation days, 4 ADV days, and 8% holiday pay;
- working at a brand-new location equipped with a gym, relaxation area, restaurant, and more;
- a favorable pension plan, with a portion being premium-free and a 5% personal contribution.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our colleagues tell our story
Watch the video (in Dutch) below
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.