Being responsible as the point person between customers and operational freight forward colleagues in the healthcare department in Rozenburg. You are commercially and operationally savvy, thinking of opportunities for both customers and DSV. That's what you do!
You get it done
As an operational key account manager, you recognize the needs of customers and advise them on new opportunities, with a focus on customer service. Additionally, you discuss this with the team leads and your direct manager in the healthcare department. You share market trends, aviation, and air cargo news with them and tackle new and existing customer-related challenges. You identify potential new opportunities and proactively respond to them.
In Rozenburg, the healthcare department is actively involved in import, export, and logistics activities for various international customers. Storage and distribution take place from our own GDP certified pharma warehouse of 7,500 m2.
As an operational key account manager, you are actively involved in implementing new business using established SOPs and internal training. You also oversee the process related to tenders, prepare price proposals, and present them to the customer.
Your up-to-date knowledge of air freight, the current market, and extensive Excel knowledge and experience are essential for your role. Sharing this information/trends with customers and colleagues (presentation through MBRs and QBRs) is your responsibility, with the goal of making the healthcare department's activities even more customer-centric together. You achieve this by:
- Conveying the positive aspects (regarding air freight and logistics activities) to existing and potential customers;
- Advising our customers both commercially and operationally;
- You are the project leader for various projects;
- Collaborating closely with the team leads of the healthcare department and motivating your colleagues to be even more customer-centric;
- Reporting KPIs to customers.
The healthcare department at DSV is known for enthusiasm, camaraderie, and hard work. The team consists of 24 colleagues, including 4 team leads and 3 key account managers, who get along very well and help each other when needed during busy times, all while keeping a sense of humor.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
Start your journey as an operational key account manager with your enthusiasm and energy. This is what you can do with us, right here in Rozenburg,
says Bob van de Vaart, Manager Healthcare.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- At least 4 years of work experience in freight forwarding in the field of air cargo;
- A customer-oriented mindset, problem-solving skills, and the ability to present to the team and customers with enthusiasm;
- A good command of both Dutch and English to communicate with customers via speaking or email.
It all counts for this vacancy of operational key account manager in Rozenburg. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- 28 vacation days per year and 8% vacation pay paid in May;
- 5% bonus paid in November;
- A favorable pension scheme, with a part being premium-free and a 5% personal contribution;
- Access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy and external (logistics) study opportunities.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Naomi Groenewoud answers all your questions via +31 (0)6 8229 7557 or email@example.com.
Our colleagues tell our story
Watch the video (in Dutch) below
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.