Move forward as Operations Planner at DSV in Venlo
Ready to make a difference? In our brand-new double-deck warehouse in Venlo, everything revolves around inbound, storage, outbound, and the execution of 'value-added logistics' for our customers' goods. As an operations planner, you are the link between our customers, customer service department, and our warehouse operation.
You get it done
Our warehouse department is the beating heart of our organization. Here, we receive goods in containers and store these goods in our warehouse. Subsequently, we pick, pack, and dispatch the goods to companies or to you as the end customer. As an operations planner, you are the link that seamlessly connects customer service and our warehouse activities. You’re on it.
How do you do this? Collaboration is key. You coordinate the activities meticulously with the warehouse supervisor and our customer service collegues. As the primary point of contact for DSV employees and temporary workers, you allocate and coordinate daily inbound and outbound activities. You achieve this by:
- processing daily order instructions from our customers in our system;
- planning the inbound and outbound sequence with precision in our state-of-the-art warehouse management system;
- generating lists based on delivery times and passing them on like hotcakes;
- creating intelligent schedules for gates, lanes, locations, and pack areas;
- providing input to Customer Services and the Warehouse Supervisor to achieve the perfect planning and staffing.
Your team stands out within DSV because you are at the beginning of a completely new operation. New customers, a new location, and a new team. It's your challenge, along with your team, to manage all of this effectively.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
We think in solutions, not in problems. In our double-deck warehouse, we will face plenty of challenges, but that's your time to shine!
says Krists Sakars, Operations Manager.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- relevant experience (at least 2 years), within logistics is a plus;
- strong commitment, a proactive attitude, and precision;
- good communication skills in at least the English language (spoken and written).
It all counts for this vacancy of operations planner in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary in accordance with the DSV Solutions collective labor agreement, ranging from €2,242 to €2,943, depending on your knowledge and experience;
- a professional and informal working environment where your voice matters;
- 24 vacation days, 4 ADV (Additional Days Off) days, and 8% holiday pay;
- a favorable pension scheme, with a part being premium-free and a 5% employee contribution;
- access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy. This allows you to grow and influence your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our colleagues tell our story
Watch the video (in Dutch) below
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.