Will you soon be working as a senior freight forwarder import at our Rozenburg location? There, you will be responsible for all operational activities related to airfreight import shipments. Your positive way of working and professional communication with our customers, carriers and airlines are welcome for the import team in Rozenburg.
You get it done
Together with your colleagues in the import department, you ensure that all import shipments from a wide range of customers and different types of shipments are transported via air freight. From request to delivery. You work on it.
How do you do this? On a daily basis, you are the customer-focused colleague who does not run away from his responsibilities. Your experience as a freight forwarder in air freight is important. On the one hand for the customers and on the other for your immediate colleagues. With your knowledge, the colleagues around you grow in experience and thus customer satisfaction. You provide customer service to international customers and issue rates as well as spot quotes. You get this done by:
- actively working together with your team to organise air freight import shipments for customers;
- being responsible for timely planning and feasibility of shipments;
- organising road transport, after arrival of the shipment at the airport;
- providing updates to customers, via phone and email, on current shipments.
Your team stands out within DSV because of a mix of very experienced and starting colleagues. Everyone wants to help each other and learn the processes to each other. So that you can replace each other on days off, for example. And also help each other at busy times.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
At the import department in Rozenburg, we roll up our sleeves to organise air freight shipments in the right way for our international customers. So that our customers are satisfied. That is what we do,
says Robert Welling, Manager Import.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
You bring with you
- at least 3 years of working experience in freight forwarding in the field of import air freight;
- a positive and motivated mentality as well as a customer-oriented attitude;
- a good knowledge of Dutch and English in order to speak or e-mail with customers.
It all counts for this vacancy of senior freight forwarder. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be the case if you like to push forward, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
You will get
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial, competitive and always looking to grow as an organisation. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- 28 holidays per year and 8% holiday pay paid out in May;
- 5% gratuity paid out in November;
- a favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and an own contribution of 5%;
- access to knowledge and training via our DSV Academy and external (logistics) study opportunities.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Jeroen de Wit will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 8229 7557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.