At DSV Solutions we have big ambitions! Therefore, to expand our team, we are looking for a Senior IT Specialist / Developer.
What will you be doing?
As Senior IT Specialist / Developer at DSV, you will work closely with your delivery and product colleagues and other relevant DSV departments, to support the delivery of business requirements with the standard DSV warehouse system solutions and to identify solutions for potential gaps. You are responsible for conducting IT Solution Reviews with the IT Delivery team to maximise standardisation of coding and reuse of existing solutions.
You will continuously look for improvement of our standard warehouse solutions, ensuring faster implementation within the regional offices and supporting the creation of further regional and global standard solutions in the logistics space together. Of course, you do not do all this alone! Within these projects, you will work together with both regional and global teams. So the world is literally at your feet! How cool is that!
Furthermore, your activities as Senior IT Specialist / Developer consist of:
- Maintaining and developing the WMS and surrounding applications, with a focus on standardisation and code reusability, clear and understandable documentation;
- Exploring new opportunities to increase productivity and grow profits within the function of the WMS system;
- Collaborating with DSV ITO teams and solutions IT team in delivering these functionalities;
- Implementing automated tests and implementations for WMS solution.
What do we ask for?
As a Senior IT Specialist / Developer, you will be working with colleagues at all levels of our organisation. We therefore believe it is important that you have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to adapt these to your conversation partner. You get energy from working in a diverse multi-cultural environment and find your way in a large multinational effortlessly. You are a self-starter with a clear goal and know how to influence and convince your colleagues in a way that results in acceptance, agreement and an overall more efficient and profitable logistical environment.
As a Senior IT Specialist / Developer, you remain professional and effective at all times, even when the workload increases from time to time. You have strong analytical skills with regard to logistic processes and the ability to translate these into standard processes within a tier 1 WMS solution. You work pro-actively and are willing to involve stakeholders in the decision-making process when necessary. You take responsibility when it comes to achieving individual and collective goals. And you take a lot of knowledge and experience with you! You then know how to perfectly translate this to salespeople, internal and external customers, colleagues and staff.
Furthermore, we think this role fits you well if you:
- Have about 5 years of working experience in a transport, logistics or supply chain management related role, preferably within the 3PL industry;
- Preferably have knowledge of Warehouse Management solution (Blue Yonder Dispatcher WMS);
- Able to understand, formulate and challenge functional specifications;
- Superior and practical application/API design and programming skills (C# and/or Java);
- Good knowledge of and experience with relational databases and SQL and PL/SQL;
- Demonstrated thoroughness in system design and system testing with minimal supervision;
- Able to set up and maintain pipeline scripts, such as Jenkins/groovy;
- Have demonstrable experience with cloud-native common platform tools;
- Knowledge of infrastructure landscapes and operating systems (windows/linux);
- Proven ability to integrate WMS with external application using APIs
- General knowledge of working with different 3rd party SW providers.
What do we offer?
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a salary that matches the position and good fringe benefits (including 28 days' holiday, 8% holiday pay and a good pension scheme). In addition, remote working is possible for this position! After all, you will be working within an international team.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Jeroen de Wit via +31 (0)6 82297557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.