Move forward as Shunt Driver at DSV in Venlo
Trailers from A to B. As a shunt driver at DSV, you are an indispensable link in the chain. You have a high sense of responsibility, are punctual and are not satisfied until your work is finished. Do you recognise yourself? Move forward as a shunt driver at DSV.
You get it done
As a shunt driver, you will be working in front of our workshop, where our mechanics carry out maintenance and damage repairs on our trailers. You’re on it!
How do you do this? Because you work to a tight schedule, our mechanics can do what they are really good at. You drive our trailers in and out of our workshop, park them or bring them to our DSV Road location in Venlo. In short, you never sit still for a moment. You get all this done by:
- taking stock of the available trailers and drawing up a daily schedule;
- correctly coupling and uncoupling trailers;
- checking the shunting tractor. You check and replace oil, lights and tyres on time;
- signalling deviations or defects to trailers and reporting these to the workshop manager;
- have a high regard for safety, keep to the speed limit and are always alert.
Your team stands out within DSV because you are the technical forces that ensure that as many trailers as possible are put on the road as safely as possible every day. You provide annual technical inspections (APK), trailer repairs, tyre repairs and changes, and 24/7 mobile breakdown assistance. In short, we have all the bases covered when it comes to servicing our trailers!
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
As many trailers as possible, as often and as safely as possible on the road. That's our motto,
says Ronni Rosendal, Technical Manager.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- experience driving a tractor-trailer combination;
- a valid certificate or CE driving licence;
- you are stress-resistant and are not satisfied until the job is done.
It all counts for this vacancy of shunt driver in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary tailored to the knowledge and experience you bring;
- 28 annual holidays based on full-time employment;
- 5% gratuity;
- 8% holiday pay;
- a favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and an own contribution of 5%;
- access to knowledge and training via our DSV Academy. This allows you to grow and influence your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or email@example.com.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.