You are the first person to help your colleague with a technical problem. For example, with one of our installations in the warehouse, replacement of a part or technical maintenance. So that your colleague can continue working. You participate in it!
You get it done
Providing our customers with flawless logistics services from our 50,000 m2 warehouse with 200 colleagues. That is what we do as DSV in Amsterdam. But to guarantee that, it is your job to solve the first-line malfunction reports. As a technical facility assistant, you are part of the facility team where you take care of the technical chores.
How do you do this? Based on the reports in our system, you can plan your daily activities independently. These consist of remedying all kinds of malfunctions, repairing the door of the refrigerator or you are testing our sprinkler systems. Under the supervision of the facility specialist, you will participate in major maintenance assignments. And of course all without the business activities in Amsterdam experiencing little or no hindrance!
In addition to the various technical activities, you learn more from your facility colleagues step by step. So you can also take over work from them. You achieve this by:
- handle first-line malfunction reports, perform/coordinate technical maintenance on the buildings, business equipment and infrastructure;
- maintain contact with suppliers and learn from them, on-the-job, how to remedy first-line failures.
Your team stands out within DSV because of the inexhaustible knowledge about buildings and installations. You work closely with Willem, who has a lot of knowledge and expertise in Amsterdam. And likes to teach it to you. To work as a team! And also have a lot of fun at work. Because you have to laugh.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
We ensure that our operational colleagues can continue to work as usual. And if there is a problem, we will help or roll up our sleeves technically,
says Willem Bosch, Facility Specialist.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- experience within a facility function. For example, as a facility employee, maintenance employee or technical employee or similar;
- a good experience in technology and a healthy interest / eagerness to learn more technical jobs;
- good command of both the Dutch and English language;
- common sense, practical attitude and solution-oriented thinking.
It all counts for this vacancy of facility specialist in Amsterdam. It is of course also important that you feel at home with us. That certainly goes well if you like to persevere, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is enterprising, competitive and always wants to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. In addition to a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- 24 vacation days, 4 ADV days and 8% vacation allowance per year;
- access to knowledge and training via our DSV Academy and external training courses. This way you can grow and influence your career path;
- the space and freedom to do business in an informal environment in which you will be part of an involved, cozy and, above all, fun team!
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Jeroen de Wit will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 8229 7557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.