Move forward as a Transport Planner Groupage at DSV in Venlo
Within our groupage department, your accuracy and pro-active way of working will come into its own. Are you ready to make a difference?
You can make it happen
Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, a truck leaves directly for Prague. By filling this truck with groupage shipments as efficiently as possible, you're going to make a difference. You do this not only for our shipments to Prague, but also for our other trucks which travel to destinations in Central and Eastern Europe every week. You're on it.
How do you do this? As soon as a transport request comes in, you find out whether it qualifies as groupage. If so, when should the shipment be at which destination? Once you know this, you book the shipment onto one of the weekly routes as efficiently as possible. You check all dates and liaise with our local planning to collect the shipment from the customer. You inform our cross-dock when the shipment will be transported and inform the customer. Of course, you also maintain contact with our colleagues in the destination country. In short, you will handle and monitor all shipments to Central- and Eastern-Europe until our DSV colleagues there take over from you or until the shipment reaches its destination. You will achieve this by:
- accurately processing incoming transport requests and booking transports within our transport management system;
- maintaining contacts with the customer, your colleagues from local planning and the cross-dock in Venlo and with your colleagues in Prague;
- rapid reaction in case of delays. You inform the customer and look for a suitable solution to get the shipment to its destination as quickly as possible.
Your team stands out within DSV because of the nice mix of colleagues. From experienced transport planners to junior transport planners and from local specialisations to international specialisations. Everyone is ready to help you!
We are DSV, we are growing
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach by air, sea, rail, courier or road transport or provide warehousing storage.
You are not only in contact with international customers, but also work closely with DSV colleagues all over Europe. In short, the world is at your feet,
says Martina Polackova, Senior Manager Operations.
In the Netherlands, we work from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We take quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
You bring with you
- passion and enthusiasm for transport and logistics, you know how to convey this to others;
- some experience as a junior transport planner, freight forwarder or supply chain planner is a plus. But even without experience, we would like to get in touch with you;
- accurate and structured way of working. You have strong communication skills and are not afraid to pick up the phone;
- a good command of both Dutch and English.
It all counts for this vacancy of transport planner groupage in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be the case if you like to work hard, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
You will get
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial, competitive and always looking to grow as an organisation. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- a salary tailored to the knowledge and experience you bring;
- 24 holidays, 4 adv days and 8% holiday pay;
- 5% gratuity paid in November;
- a favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and a 5% own contribution;
- access to knowledge and training via our DSV Academy. This allows you to grow and influence your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.