Move forward as Transport Planner Special Services at DSV in Venlo
Ready to make a difference? As transport planner special services, you literally and figuratively push the boundaries. As the department’s name suggests, you and your colleagues are involved in special transport.
You get it done
Anything that cannot be transported on a pallet or by standard transport is handled by your team. Whether it's medical equipment, machines or shipments to/ from England, you’re on it.
How do you do this? As transport planner special services, you are responsible for the fast and efficient handling of transport shipments from and to various countries in Europe. In addition, you are able to build and maintain a network both internally and externally. As a Transport Planner, you fulfil an essential role within our operation. You achieve this by:
- planning shipments for our own trailers as well as special shipments. You do this as efficiently as possible, minimising mileage and maximising capacity utilisation;
- independently making rate agreements and optimal transport combinations;
- proactively communicating and informing customers and partners, as well as your drivers;
- monitoring shipments and spotting irregularities regarding loading, unloading and delivery of shipments. You are responsible from A to Z.
Your team stands out within DSV because of a mix of very experienced and starting colleagues. Everyone helps each other and teaches each other the tricks of the trade. Job satisfaction is the top priority. Because laughter is guaranteed in the special services department.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
Customisation. That sums up the Special Services department very well,
says Frank Janssen, Senior Team Lead.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- passion for the job! An education towards transport or logistics is a plus;
- some experience with transport planning, for example LTL/FTL, import and export or special transport;
- our drivers also travel to England at the weekend. A few times a year you will be available for escalations during the weekend. Of course, this will be compensated nicely;
- experience with customs processes for shipments to the UK. But even without customs experience, we are happy to teach you the tricks of the trade!
- a good command of both Dutch and English. Do you also speak quite a bit of German? If so, that would be a bonus!
It all counts for this vacancy of transport planner special services in venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary that matches the knowledge and experience you bring;
- 28 holidays and 8% holiday pay based on full-time employment;
- 5% gratuity paid in November;
- favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and a 5% own contribution;
- access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy. This allows you to grow and influence your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.