Move forward as WMS engineer at DSV in ‘s-Heerenberg
Do you get energy from turning systems inside out? Can't you wait to get to the bottom of our Warehouse Management System? And do you know how to discover all the secrets of our system until a solution is found? Then apply now!
You get it done
At DSV, we are constantly challenged by both our customers and our internal organisation. Processes are improved, customers are implemented or a move is planned. Many of these challenges affect the applications we use as an organisation. Together with your team, you take care of our warehouse management system. You’re on it!
How do you do this? After an extensive introduction programme and the necessary training, you will know exactly which knobs to turn within our system. Breakdown in the warehouse? Questions from operations? Or a customer implementation? You know the answer or you go and ivestigate. You get this done by:
- daily picking up all kinds of reports or malfunctions we receive for our warehouse management system. These can be both 1st-line (short-term) and 2nd-line requests;
- participating in projects, such as setting up new customers or migrating existing customers;
- signalling deviations and trends in the reports. For common reports, you will naturally look for the root of the problem. You then work with your team to find a sustainable solution within the system.
Your team stands out within DSV because of the nice mix of knowledge and experience. Your team includes colleagues with a background in IT, but also colleagues with experience in logistics. They take you by the hand during your introduction process. To then work together to solve every report or malfunction that comes in.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
With our various training courses, you will gain more rights in our system step by step, while being surrounded by colleagues with years of experience supporting your journey,
says Edwin Dollenkamp, Supervisor Business Application Support.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- a natural curiosity for applications and systems
- preferably, you already have some experience in logistics, for example as a junior engineer or in an IT-related role. But we consider passion and eagerness to learn much more important for this role;
- thoroughness, you keep searching until you have found the solution;
- good command of the Dutch and English language.
It all counts for this vacancy of wms engineer in ‘s-Heerenberg. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary that will be between €2835 and €4470 gross per month depending on the knowledge and experience you bring;
- 24 holidays, 4 adv days and 8% holiday pay per year;
- a favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and an own contribution of 5%;
- access to knowledge and training via our DSV Academy and external training courses. This allows you to grow and influence your career path;
- the space and freedom to undertake in an informal environment where you will be part of a committed, sociable and, above all, fun team!
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Manouk Lips will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 5188 5961 or email@example.com.
Our colleagues tell our story
Watch the video (in Dutch) below
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.