Job Req Number: 76805
Time Type: Full Time
DSV Solutions & Road is constantly evolving and expanding with the global market. Working for the world's 3rd largest global supplier of transport and logistics can open many opportunities for you to develop your career on an International scale.
The DSV group, headquartered in Denmark, is one of the biggest transport and logistics companies in the world, with more than 75.000 dedicated employees. We are now looking to expand our team with a new assistant contract specialist for our Dubai office.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller, or Comptroller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
Report to: Manager, Business controller
Role: Financial Controller
Direct subordinates: None
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
Qualifications & Characteristics:
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 3 to 5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- ACCA or CA preferred
- Have experience in VBA/Macros development & CW1 Experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.