Job Req Number: 72924
Time Type: Full Time
Airfreight Gateway Specialist
Move forward as Airfreight Gateway Specialist at DSV in Machelen, (Brucargo)
About the role
As a gateway forwarder, you are responsible for all documents, clearances and necessary checks of the goods shipped from our warehouse. This way you make sure that all export shipments arrive at their destination in a correct and fully documented way. You also take care of bookings with the various airlines.
- You will take care of the daily service and contacts with ground handlers and all communication around air cargo bookings
- Make the bookings with the airlines & calculate the profit on the shipments
- Following specific instructions from the export team
- You take care of the compliance of the airfreight bookings specifically for pharma
- Identify and modify deviations
- Daily contacts within the DSV network in case of deviations
- Sharing necessary customs documents with the shared service center
- Optimizing consolidations & build ups of shipments
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
“You will join an international environment where teamwork is key!” Says Emilie Gillot, Manager, Pharma & Special Accounts.
In Belgium, we operate from over 18 branches, with more than 1,400 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
Are you the perfect fit?
- You have a first experience within Freight Forwarding (Airfreight) or you obtained your bachelors degree in logistics and transport
- You speak fluent Dutch, French & English
- You are customer-oriented & result-oriented
- You like liaising with different departments & getting documentation in order
- You can prioritize very well and know what is important
- You are ready to work from Tuesday – Saturday
It all counts for this vacancy of Airfreight Gateway Specialist in Machelen Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Why choose DSV?
Working for DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is enterprising, competitive, and wants to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- We are a challenging work environment with plenty of opportunities for further professional growth and development.
- We have a direct and open corporate culture (Danish company).
- Lots of variety & contacts within the aviation industry
- Attractive package of benefits (meal vouchers, eco vouchers, group & hospitalization insurance, possibility to lease an electrical bike, two days of home office, sliding time, 33 days of holiday)
- Online training
- Flexible working hours
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Cedric Rogiers will answer all your questions via +32 (0)4 76 88 67 71 or email@example.com
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.