Job Req Number: 68773
Time Type: Full Time
(Senior) Freight Forwarder Import Sea
Move forward as (Senior) Freight Forwarder Import Sea at DSV in Antwerp.
About the role
As a Freight Forwarder Import, Seafreight, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating import shipments by sea. You will work closely with various stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, and customs authorities, to ensure efficient and timely handling of import shipments.
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end management of import shipments, including organizing transportation, handling documentation, coordinating customs clearance, and arranging delivery to the final destination.
- You will serve as the primary point of contact for customers, maintaining regular communication to keep them informed about the progress of their shipments. You will address inquiries, resolve any issues, and provide excellent customer service.
- You will select suitable carriers and negotiate rates and terms. You will arrange transportation of goods from origin to final destination, ensuring that shipments arrive safely and on time.
- Documentation management: You will maintain accurate records of all relevant documents, such as bills of lading, customs documents, invoices, and other required paperwork. You will verify and process documents to ensure compliance with regulations.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
In Belgium, we operate from over 18 branches, with more than 1,400 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
Are you the perfect fit?
- You have at least 4 years of experience within Freight Forwarding (Seafreight)
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English
- You are fluent in learning new computer programs
- IMDG + Codex training (preferred)
It all counts for this vacancy of Freight Forwarder Import Sea in Antwerp. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Why choose DSV?
Working for DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is enterprising, competitive, and wants to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- We are a challenging work environment with plenty of opportunities for further professional growth and development.
- We have a direct and open corporate culture (Danish company).
- Lots of variety & contacts within the aviation industry
- Attractive package of benefits (meal vouchers, eco vouchers, group & hospitalization insurance, possibility to lease an electrical bike, two days of home office, sliding time, 33 days of holiday)
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Cedric Rogiers will answer all your questions via +32 (0)4 76 88 67 71 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.