Job Req Number: 75791
Time Type: Full Time
Freight Forwarder Perishables
Move forward as Freight Forwarder Airfreight at DSV in Machelen.
About the role
Always been interested in transporting special goods? Think about animals, plants, vegetables, fruit, cars, ... All these shipments naturally need special attention and care to reach their destination. Are you flexible, able to switch quickly and work correctly? Then maybe this is the airfreight challenge for you! You will work in day shift with additional shifts in the weekend (1 on 3 weekends).
- You take care of the daily service around airfreight & export shipments for a number of different customers;
- Your focus is on shipping and receiving vegetables, fruit, meat, fish, live animals,...;
- You have daily contact with customers;
- You are responsible for correct invoicing and data quality;
- You work closely together with your colleagues from other services & the magis department;
- You inform customers of irregularities;
- You take all safety & security rules into account.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 90 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
“As a Freight Forwarder, you will find yourself in an international environment. You will be in contact with customers and colleagues all over the world” Says Christophe Eulaerts, Director, Perishables & Live Animals
In Belgium, we operate from over 18 branches, with more than 1,400 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
Are you the perfect fit?
- You have a great passion for air cargo
- Training within logistics
- You are very flexible in terms of working hours
You will work in day shift with flexibility towards weekend work (1 on 3 weekends), early and late shift if necessary (working hours between 6-20h).
- Export experience is a plus
- You speak fluent NL & ENG and FR
- You are stress resistant and have a sense of initiative
- You are good at analysing problems and looking for solutions
It all counts for this vacancy of Freight Forwarder Airfreight in Machelen. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Why choose DSV?
Working for DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is enterprising, competitive, and wants to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- We are a challenging work environment with plenty of opportunities for further professional growth and development.
- We have a direct and open corporate culture (Danish company)
- You will receive a permanent contract with an attractive package of fringe benefits;
- Group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers 7 euro, eco vouchers, 33 holidays, possibility to lease electric bike, 2 days of home office, sliding times
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Cedric Rogiers will answer all your questions via +32 (0)4 76 88 67 71 or email@example.com
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.