Job Req Number: 76062
Time Type: Full Time
Health & Safety Manager
Move forward as Health & Safety Manager at DSV in Ghent.
About the role
As Health & Safety Manager at DSV, a leading player in the logistics market, you will be given responsibility for our dynamic health and safety policy. With your expertise, you will contribute to the further development and implementation of health and safety strategies within our multicustomer environment headquartered in Ghent.
- Lead and improve the risk management system and support our local management and employees in safety issues;
- Ensuring compliance with legislation as laid down in the Codex and developing health policies, safety policies and procedures;
- Proactively investigate accidents and incidents and implement preventive measures;
- Lead the internal department of Prevention and Protection;
- Responsible for annual action plan and management of safety and health administration;
- Organising safety training and awareness programmes;
- Represent DSV in external safety and health forums;
- Advise on and implement safety and health measures in cooperation with external departments.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
In Belgium, we operate from over 18 branches, with more than 1,400 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
Are you the perfect fit?
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar position
- You combine a relevant university degree with a level 1 prevention advisor
- You have at least 2 years of experience in managing an internal prevention department
- You have a strong knowledge of Dutch and English, French is a plus
- You have strong analytical, process-oriented, problem solving and communication skills.
It all counts for this vacancy of Health & Safety Manager in Ghent. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Why choose DSV?
Working for DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is enterprising, competitive, and wants to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- A challenging work environment with plenty of opportunities for further professional growth and development.
- A direct and open corporate culture (Danish company).
- Space and freedom to implement various optimisations and improvements.
- Flexible working hours (flexitime, home office, freedom to compose your own agenda)
- An attractive remuneration package (company car, fuel card, laptop, mobile phone, insurance, 7 euro MC, ecocheques, 30 days of leave, bicycle lease
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Cedric Rogiers will answer all your questions via +32 (0)4 76 88 67 71 or email@example.com
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.