Job Req Number: 76065
Time Type: Full Time
Manager, Technical Facility
Move forward as Technical Facility Manager at DSV in Ghent.
About the role
As Technical Facility Manager at DSV, you will be pivotal in the effective and efficient management of facility operations within our warehouses, with a specific focus on technical aspects. This with a special challenge ahead: the construction of our fully automated warehouse in Evergem, an impressive 120,000-square-metre project due to start in 2025! After the challenge in Evergem, your role will evolve into supporting the implementations of technical improvements and automations within existing operations at other DSV sites.
- Develop and implement a facilities strategy for all Belgian sites, with an initial focus on the automated warehouse in Evergem;
- Draw up long-term plans, optimise facility processes, if possible with automated systems;
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs of advanced technical installations;
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs of existing buildings and grounds;
- Maintain and build new relationships with suppliers and contract partners;
- Set facility budget, monitor costs and budget for technical projects;
- Analyse expenditure, identify savings opportunities and report financial performance;
- Work with internal departments for optimal coordination, communication and joint development of improvement proposals;
- Lead and motivate a team of facility supervisors and facility staff in daily tasks;
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
"As a Technical Facility Manager, you will help to automate our warehouse operations and take them to the next level."
Roeland Nijs, Senior Manager, Business Support
In Belgium, we operate from over 18 branches, with more than 1,400 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
Are you the perfect fit?
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience as head of a Facilities department in a logistics environment
- You have helped build several large warehouse automations (shuttles, autostore, pick-robots, ... no longer hold any secrets for you)
- You have a strong technical background (e.g. technical drawings in AutoCad)
- You are prepared to travel to the various DSV sites
- You are precise, structured, and analytical. You can communicate well at any level within the organisation (management to warehouse staff)
- You have a strong knowledge of Dutch and English, knowledge of French is a plus.
It all counts for this vacancy of Technical Facility Manager in Ghent. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Why choose DSV?
Working for DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is enterprising, competitive, and wants to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- A challenging work environment with plenty of opportunities for further professional growth and development.
- A direct and open corporate culture (Scandinavian company).
- Space and freedom to implement various optimisations and improvements.
- An attractive remuneration package (company car, fuel card, laptop, mobile phone, insurance, 7 euro MC, ecocheques, 30 days of leave, bicycle leasing, expense allowance, sliding time, ...).
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Cedric Rogiers will answer all your questions via +32 (0)4 76 88 67 71 or email@example.com
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.