Job Req Number: 73547
Time Type: Full Time
Procurement Assistant (Air & Sea)
Move forward as Procurement Assistant at DSV in Puurs.
About the role
As Procurement Assistant, you will be responsible for procuring ocean freight and container shipping services. You play a crucial role in negotiating with suppliers to obtain the most competitive rates. You will also manage the entire tender process, from completing tender forms and meeting deadlines to handling post-award processes. You will also offer spot quotes for larger volumes or special requests.
- Negotiate rates, manage tenders, provide spot quotes.
- Communicate with suppliers and colleagues internally and externally.
- Follow market trends, inform internally on market situation and attend client meetings.
- Work with MasterRateBook, manage quality documents, and upload local rates to the central system.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
In Belgium, we operate from over 18 branches, with more than 1,400 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
Are you the perfect fit?
- You have several years of experience within procurement
- You have a strong knowledge of Air & Sea Freight Forwarding
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English
- You have strong communication and negotiation skills
- You are analytical and follow the market trends
It all counts for this vacancy of Procurement Assistant in Puurs. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Why choose DSV?
Working for DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is enterprising, competitive, and wants to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- We are a challenging work environment with plenty of opportunities for further professional growth and development.
- We have a direct and open corporate culture (Danish company).
- Nice competitive salary with fringe benefits such meal vouchers, eco vouchers, group & hospitalization insurance, bike leasing, 33 holidays
- Home work (2days a week) and flexible working hours
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Cedric Rogiers will answer all your questions via +32 (0)4 76 88 67 71 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.