Job Req Number: 58779
Time Type: Full Time
Trainee (Young DSV Program)
Move forward as Trainee (Young DSV program) at DSV in Rekkem.
About the role
As a Trainee, you will join our Road department, which specialises in road transport (groupage) for the UK. We will develop you to become a Freight Forwarder during a traineeship of two years. You will be having six weeks of training in our head office in Copenhagen. You will be included in several masterclasses, projects and on the job training. You will be starting as an Operations Assistant where you will be responsible for assisting our transport planners with various administrative tasks.
- Processing incoming orders (receiving, checking and coordinating with transport planning
- Follow-up of transport orders (collection and delivery)
- Handling and analysing problems
- Working out a solution together with the customer and our subcontractors
- Handling complaints or escalations
- Registration of deviations
- Various administrative tasks such as preparing transport orders, checking incoming invoices, handling transport documents (ADR, CMR, …) etc.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
“As a skilled freight forwarder, you can live and work anywhere in the world. I started my career as a young freight-forwarding trainee in 1988. Looking back, the combination of hands-on experience and theory was the best way to learn. It gives you an opportunity to feel part of things from the very beginning: you are a part of the team and you contribute every day.” Says Jens Bjørn Andersen, Group CEO
In Belgium, we operate from over 18 branches, with more than 1,400 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
Are you the perfect fit?
- You just obtained your bachelors degree (field of logistics or economics)
- You have an affinity with Road transportation
- You have a strong knowledge of Dutch and English
- You are structured, orderly and precise
- You have strong communication skills
It all counts for this vacancy of Trainee (Young DSV program) in Rekkem. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Why choose DSV?
Working for DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is enterprising, competitive, and wants to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- You will join one of the biggest players in logistics with many (international) growth opportunities.
- A challenging work environment with plenty of opportunities for further professional growth and development.
- A direct and open corporate culture (Danish company).
- We offer a competitive salary with fringe benefits such as group and hospitalization insurance, meal vouchers, eco vouchers, 33 days of leave, gliding time, two days of home office and the possibility of a bicycle lease.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Cedric Rogiers will answer all your questions via +32 (0)4 76 88 67 71 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.