DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV encourages inclusivity and are committed to diversity in the workplace while welcoming applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Our goal is to provide an inclusive environment for all to succeed. We work with candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to Human Resources should you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Location: CAN - Rocky View County, High Plains Trail
Job Posting Title: HR Business Partner
Time Type: Full Time
This role offers the following benefits:
- Company matching registered retirement savings plan (RRSPs)
- Competitive base salary
- 3 weeks of vacation days
- Paid sick/personal days off
- Employee perks, discounts etc.
This is a full-time on-site role for a Human Resources Business Partner located in Calgary, AB. The Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for implementing and administering HR policies, managing employee benefits, and conducting new hire orientation and leading employee engagement initiatives. The incumbent will lead various HR-related tasks and projects, while executing day-to-day HR operations in a timely and accurate manner within our new Calgary distribution center with a total of 250+ employees.
- Manage the day-to-day functions of the Human Resources department including recruitment, training, attendance, discipline and employee relations
- Lead the general operations of the Human Resources team within the Calgary Site
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Actively leads site staff meetings along with General Manager and attend area HR meetings
- Responsible for all Site employee and supervisory communication revolving around human resource topics
- Administer discipline and employee counseling accordingly
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and performance management
- Provide HR support to site managers and employees and refer and coordinate high-level issues to Regional HR Manager
- Coaching Supervisors and Managers on employee counselling and discipline
- Conducting investigations in consultation with Senior HR Manager during complaints on unfair treatment, harassments and violence.
- Ensuring new hire onboarding program is completed and processed
- Manages human resource administration to ensure the effective implementation of procedures regarding new hires, promotions, transfers, leaves of absence and terminations.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist
- Knowledge of HRIS
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- Previous experience in the transportation, logistics or warehouse industry is a plus.
This position may require standing and walking for up to 50% of the time. Ability to lift boxes weighting up to 30 pounds. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At DSV, we keep supply chains flowing in a world of change. We provide and manage supply chain solutions for thousands of companies every day – from the small family-run business to the large global corporation. Our reach is global, yet our presence is local and close to our customers. More than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. We aspire to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
DSV is a dynamic organization that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals.