DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV encourages inclusivity and are committed to diversity in the workplace while welcoming applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Our goal is to provide an inclusive environment for all to succeed. We work with candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to Human Resources should you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Location: CAN - Milton, Yukon Court
Job Posting Title: Manager, Sales - Air & Sea (Milton)
Time Type: Full Time
Manager Sales is responsible for gaining and maintaining new accounts by developing sales, service strategies and solutions to achieve sales plans. Works closely with General Manager, Cross Business Unit Partners, and Senior Management using teamwork efforts to establish regional and vertical market selling, plans and conducts presentations and tours.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales targets and profitability
• Responsible for the performance and development of the Sales Executives
• Maintains healthy receivables & monitor level of bad debts for sales team
• Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects
• Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets
• Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed
• Conducts one-on-one review with all Sales Executives to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Sales Executive’s sales and activity performance
• Provides weekly EOWs & monthly Sales Report to General Manager regarding sales performance
• Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Account Executives
• Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses
• Assists Sales Executives in preparation of proposals and presentations
• Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
• Ensures that all Sales Executives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes
• Sets examples for Sales Executives in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits
• Maintains contact with all clients in the market to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
• Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
Quality, Health & Safety:
• Supports organizational commitment to ISO 9001, ISO 45001 certification – Montreal location
• Perform assigned tasks to support DSV meets its objectives and targets regarding quality, health, safety and environment and follow all requirements as set out in the DSV Quality Health Safety Environment policy.
• Staff are required to ensure that their day-to-day activities embrace sustainability, Health and safety therefore reducing the impact upon the environment, supporting the communities we work in and reducing incidents in the workplace.
Education and Experience
• Education in supply chain logistics, international transportation, or a related field of study or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 7 years of industry experience
• Minimum 4 years of account management experience
• CIFFA certificate, an asset
Skills and Competencies
• Good command, both verbal and written, English skills.
• Ability to create collaborative engagements and active listening
• Service oriented and able to resolve customer grievances
• Strong interpersonal skills, building professional relationships internally and externally
• Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task, plan, prioritize and manage time effectively to meet goals and achieve results
• Both a team builder and a team-player
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Be authentic, approachable, open, and honest
• Understanding of business principles and language, incl. the fundamentals of finance and profitability
• Business administration competence
• Excellent Sales and negotiation skills
• Act as a role model for DSV values and adhere to the Code of Conduct
Language and Computer Skills
• English is the principal language for this position, additional languages may be required in other locations.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
• Microsoft® Office Suite
• Proficient in Customer Relationship Management tools (CRM)
• CargoWise experience, an asset
• Prolonged periods sitting and standing at a desk and working on a computer
• Travel required
• Regular working hours apply for this position, at times, working beyond these hours may be required by business needs.
At DSV, we keep supply chains flowing in a world of change. We provide and manage supply chain solutions for thousands of companies every day – from the small family-run business to the large global corporation. Our reach is global, yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Approximately 75,000 employees in over 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. We aspire to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
DSV is a dynamic organization that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals.